This new JRR addon is a revival of the Naugrim Firebeards
supporting any screen resolution superior or equal to 1152x864.
It includes 2 profiles : "_JRR Erebor - Universal Toolbar
" and "_JRR Erebor - Custom Toolbar 3x2
The only difference between these two profiles is the toolbar.
Universal toolbar design :
Custom toolbar 3x2 design :
Installation instructions :
- Step 0 : As a simple JRR addon, it requires you have JRR Skins Collection installed
- Step 1 :
Download the file, then unpack it on your desktop.
If you plan to only use the universal toolbar profile, you can jump to step 4.
- Step 2 :
Do you know your LOTRO client's display resolution ?
- If yes, you can jump to step 3
- If you ignore it, just open the option panel in LOTRO and select the first tab called "graphic" as shown on the picture below :
- If you play in full screen mode, note your corresponding resolution. (For optimal picture quality, it should be equal to your native screen's resolution.)
- If you play in window mode, note your corresponding resolution.
- Step 3 :
- If your resolution is already 1920x1200, Jump to step 4
Your LOTRO display resolution IS NOT
2560x1440 pixels, so you need to manually edit the skindefinition.xml
files present in the folder you unpacked,
within sub folders called _Custom toolbar 3x2
To edit a skindefinition.xml file, open it with Window's Notepad, Notepad++
(it's a freeware) or any else text editor.
Don't panic ! You'll just have to modify 2 numbers near the beginning of the text
The needed explanations about how to proceed are logged into the skindefinition.xml
- Step 4 :
files are set for your own resolution.
- Copy the "JRR addon - Erebor" folder in your "my documents" --> "The Lord of the Rings Online" (this is where your LOTRO screenshots are located) --> "ui" (not in capitals) --> "skins" (plural), create these sub-folder if they don't already exist.
- When done, it should look like :
- Exit LOTRO client if it is running, then (re)launch LOTRO.
- Log on the character onto you want to apply the skin. Select the theme from the panel menu --> UI Settings, as shown on the picture below.
- In order to be displayed at the correct position, it requires you have the toolbar's default size defined in the option panel, as follow :
- logout (character selection menu) then come back into the game.
Moving the UI skill bars to align it with toolbar slots :
- You're done with install
A couple of people are unfamiliar with moving the UI bars to align with the skin and Caldric's directions are perfect for it:
To do so, once you replace the skin, you want to follow these steps:
1) Open your Option menu
2) Go to "UI Settings"
3) Go to "Quickslot Bars"
4) Select the Bar you wish to use (1-5)
5) On that Bar, check "Always Show" and make sure it's not docked
6) Add an Ability to that bar (for alignment purposes)
7) Use " Ctrl + * " or " Ctrl + \ " to unlock your UI
8) Drag the Quickslot Bar into the Bottom Bar graphic and align it
9) Lock your UI (" Ctrl + * " or " Ctrl + \ ") and you're ready to go !
Converting this add-on into a standalone release, a child's play !
To enjoy this Erebor release, you first need to download and install JRR Skins collection
, then the Erebor
file available for download on this page.
But if you think "I just want to use Erebor, I don't care the JRR other skins, I don't want to waste some space on my hard disk with all that crap..."
I answer you "There's no problem !" Indeed, each JRR skin is built as an add-on, so the whole JRR pack is modular !
In the facts, this means :
- Once JRR main pack and the Erebor addon are installed on your computer, open the "JRR Skins collection
" folder, it is located there : "...Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/ui/skins/
- Inside this "JRR Skins collection
" folder, delete all the folders
present, except JRR CORE
- You're done !
FAQ and Known issues :
When using custom toolbar 3x2, after character has loaded, the quickslot bar 3 (and only this one) is missing, because it is hidden behind the background of the toolbar !
This is a lotro client issue, it is visual only, everything still works ! It occurs wherever the quiclslot 3 is located on the toolbar.
Fortunately, clicking on any slot of this bar brings it back to the front for all the duration of your game session.
You can eventually replace the quickslot bar 3 by another one created with Tonicbars
or any other slot bar managing plugin.
- I just installed JRR and Erebor and selected one of the skins on my character, some panels are displayed in a strange manner, like upside down.
Logout then login back, this is a necessary step to apply the new custom panel settings.
- I just installed the last version of this Erebor release and selected it on my character, but some panels backgrounds or other elements are replaced by a light gray frame
If only a few elements are grayed, this can be a error from my side (indicating a wrong location of a file in the skin). Don't hesitate to report me this kind of issues.
If a big amount of gray frames occurs, first ensure you installed the JRR skins pack at the right location on your hard drive, then ensure you installed the "JRR addon - Erebor
" folder side by side with the "JRR Skins collection
(This is the new location for addons folders since JRR v4.0)
- The map is no more fullscreen !
This is not a bug, this is a skinning choice, it is really convenient in some situations, and on multi screen systems.
In fact this displays the map in this actual size, without the zooming blur.
Advanced users can revert it by deleting the "Map Window" section in the skindefintion.mxl file of the used skin(s) profile(s), and repeat this operation after every Erebor update.
- My character doesn't show in the dressroom !
JRR skins doesn't supports resolutions with a height below 768 pixels.
If you run Lotro with a resolution height equal to 768, you have to play in fullscreen mode to get the dressroom correctly displaying the character.
Higher resolutions allow to play indifferently in fullscreen or windowed modes.
- The auction house panel is too big !
Your screen is too small ^^
If you run Lotro with a resolution height equal to 768, you have to play in fullscreen mode to get the auction house panel entirely displayed and usable.
Higher resolutions allow to play indifferently in fullscreen or windowed modes.
"Toolbar buttons from the custom toolbar don't push"
Since Rohan, Turbine bugged the toolbar code, then you now have to edit the "Y" value of the toolbar code in addidition of its "X" value.
All needed explanations about what to do are logged into the skindefinition.xml files.
These files are located in the Erebor skins profiles folders.
You can open and edit them with Window's Wordpad or any else text editor software.
I you play in window mode or switch between window mode and fulscreen mode, you can bypass the "Y" issue by simply setting the toolbar scale to a value different than 1.00 ( in lotro option panel -> UI settings tab) (0.99 or 1.01 is ok).
is based on the theme "Firebeards
" from "The Naugrim - double UI Firebeards/Broadbeams
" which is based and combined off of Sinli's Enclaved FIRE&ICE
and LM Durin's Folk
The custom toolbar profile is inspired and has some elements from "Enclaved Dwarf UI
", created by Sinly
and based on elements from LedMirage's Eorlingas
All JRR components credits are logged on http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info581
Release notes :
- update contents are logged in JRR Skins Collection when there is no very specific fixes or content to mention.
Version 5.21 - October 21 2017
Lotro update 21.2 introduced 2 new filter buttons on the quest log panel
This update consists only in a rebalancing of this panel to move properly these buttons at the bottom of the panel.
Thanks to Andvarion, ScottK and Osdor for taking me aware about this issue and about its solving from Siloren.
A special big thank to Siloren (software engineer in Standing Stones Games) for working and communicating about the panel code entries which made this fix possible.
Version 5.17 - December 23 2015
-As wished by several users, the portraits now display the level.
Version 4.17 - December 01 2015
- Bank switching buttons are disabled/hidden on "Custom Tollbar 3x2" profile. You will find a lotro store direct access button instead.
Version 4.13b - May 28 2014
- this update only adjusts the placement of the buffs/debuffs icons under the player and opponent vital bars.
Version 4.13 - May 01 2014
- This update only consists into a customization of the 4 new bags greyed icons introduced in Update 13.
V.4.12 February 2 2014
Helm's Deep release.
V.4.11b December 16 2013
- Fixes the opponent portrait bug introduced by lotro update 12.1
v4.11 October 13 2013
- Major update. It requires JRR v4.11 installed.
V.4.10 August 23 2013
- First release of this addon.
You can receive an email notification on each update of this addon.
For this, just register on lotrointerface.com (it's free),
then click on the "add to my favorites" button on this page
(near the top right of the page, below download button).
You can turn this option ON and OFF here (first frame).