CombatStatus is a plugin which analyses the Combat log and reports to you some useful stats. As of right now, the plugin is in BETA and therefore is not finished.
Installation of CombatStatus would be accomplished like any other plugin, simply by unzipping the file and moving the 'CombatStatus' folder into your 'Plugins' directory.
Since CombatStatus is in BETA, there are a few limitations to the plugin which will be removed in further releases.
- The 'Config' button isn't fully implemented. This will be resolved in a later release.
- The CombatStatus frame isn't yet movable. You can do this manually by changing lines 40 and 41 of CombatStatus/CombatGui/GuiCreator.lua as of right now. This will be resolved in a later release.
- There are only English (EN) translations as of right now. If you run with a different locale, you may get errors. This will be resolved in a later release.
I have a lot of features to come down the line, and some of them are here:
- Other Translations. (FR and DE) (If any of you want to help with that, please send me a PM)
- Coloured bars behind damage bars will update to reflect the current value.
- Hovering over each total stat will show a breakdown of individual stats which make up that stat, such as how much damage the attack 'Rend' has done to you.
- Configuration will be implemented and will allow you to configure what is shown in the breakdowns and let you reorder the breakdowns.
- The Frame will be fully movable
Found a bug? Here's some steps to help both you and me fix it.
- Show reproduction steps - If nobody but you can reproduce it, then how are we going to know what's wrong?
- For Lua errors, please copy and paste the whole error; only a line number or a file name won't help me fix the error.
- Make sure the bug hasn't been reported already; duplicate bug reports make it harder for me to find the real bugs and fix them.
Got an amazing idea? Great! I'm all ears. Before you suggest a feature, though, here's some things you should think about
- Make sure the idea hasn't been stated in the Upcoming Features section.
- Make sure the idea hasn't already been suggested. If it has, feel free to show your support for it; the more support a feature has, the more likely it is I'm going to implement it.
- If you can, try and provide a mock-up of your idea. No matter how bad your art skills are, a mock-up of what you're trying to suggest will help me and others immensely.
The last thing I should mention is that all of my work is copyrighted under the LGPL v3.0 license. This means that you are free to modify, distribute and create derivatives of my work as long as you include the original license and work, or show clearly how to obtain it.
Now that we have that out of the way, feel free to start using CombatStatus! Also, excuse me if I didn't make anything clear enough, this is quite new to me.