DebuffVitals is a tool to provide help tracking debuffs and boss states during raids. This copies DTox's Vitals functionality and extends it to include effects. A huge thanks to DTox for his work!
At a high level, the current functionality is:
- persistent tool-tipping for any number of targets
- track morale and power of targets
- various configuration options like load frames automatically, resize, and lock position
- tracks a whole bunch of debuffs on targets (too many to list here)
- track corruption counts, for specific boss fights (count appears in upper left corner of a frame)
Accessible through the frame:
1) Lock/unlock a target - click the lock icon
2) Select a previously locked target - click anywhere in the morale/power/effects area.
3) Add a new tracking frame - right click the title bar and select new target
4) Remove a tracking frame - right click the title bar and select remove target. If a frame is locked, it cannot be removed.
5) Hide/show morale, power, and all effects per target
6) Hide/show specific effects per target
7) Keep frame locations - when the plugin is loaded, frames are positioned to saved spots
8) Lock positions - prevent the frames from moving (to move a frame, disable -> move frame -> enable)
Accessible through the options panel in plugins manager (for changes to persist, you need to apply changes here and then save settings through the right-click context menu)
9) Change the height or width of all frame - adjust size via scrollbars
10) Change the set of effects selectable to be shown for a target
Where do I think this is going? Let me introduce the following ideas (and also please check 'future work' down below):
1) There's value in a creep-side version
2) There's value in looking at player-caused effects targeted at either NPCs or other players
3) Going to the plugin manager options panel is clumsy (mostly fixed)
4) People sort and consume information in serially unique ways
My current "future version" looks like:
- freep or creep frame
- one can create either an NPC or a player effect frame (and switch between the types. I don't expect it to dynamically switch through a target change though; this seems ugly)
- sort order will be adjustable (not sure drag-n-drop ordering fits here, at least something in the options panel)
- stored configurations for specific bosses or scenarios
Upcoming and possible future work
(up next)- command line options to save and load named configurations
(up next)- localization
(up next)- font size selection
(up next)- font selection
- customize re-order of effects
- add more effects as requested or apparent
- fix issues (please find some)
- show specific corruptions
- player buff tracking, eg, stun immunity
- creep-side versions
- look into garbage collection for possible memory concerns
- effects above title bar
- CLI toggle to hide effects bars (between raids)
- hide inactive effects
- toggle title bar visibility
- transparency and font/window colours
1) download the zipfile
2) unzip the zipfile
3) move 'Grimmerthan' into Lotro's plugin folder, commonly at: ...\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins so that the folder structure looks like : ...\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Grimmerthan\DebuffVitals\
4) if not already installed, install "Turbine Classes and Examples" from https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...dExamples.html
(Plugin Compendium also)
5) refresh plugins - /plugins refresh
6) load plugin - /plugins load debuffvitals
7) target mobs and try it out!
Known behaviours and issues
Sometimes, applied effects don't show up in DebuffVitals, especially single effects or initial effects. This is an issue with Lotro's Lua interfaces. I repeat. This is an issue with Lotro's Lua interfaces. This is because the list of effects from SSG's Lua interface is often partial and occasionally duplicated.
Changing away and back to the target usually helps. Applying more effects usually helps. This operates surprisingly well in fellowships or raids.
If you want this to improve, please submit bugs to SSG and talk about it on https://www.lotro.com/forums/forumdi...amp-Discussion
2) Morale, power, new effects, and corruption counts do not update unless it is targeted by yourself or fellowship member. Lotro's Lua interfaces are intentionally limited to what a client reasonably knows. This means active information about one target and one target only.
3) Toggle effects will not disappear when a target goes through some transition or similar situation, eg, a target dummy resetting or boss phase, or a character changing trait trees and resetting marks. Refreshing the target helps.
4) "Stunned" effect occasionally persists after timing down. Refreshing the target helps.
5) When targeting an object (no morale/power) and then targeting nothing, the morale and power bars do not reset properly
1) If an error indicates a problem with loading configuration, delete the DebuffVitals.plugindata file commonly located at ...\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData\<account ser>\<server>\<character>\ folder.
2) If you see the following error:
...ine\Plugins\Grimmerthan\DebuffVitals\EffectFrame.lua:4: attempt to call global 'class' (a nil value)
...ngs Online\Plugins\Grimmerthan\DebuffVitals\Main.lua:2 1: Failed to import package "Grimmerthan.DebuffVitals.EffectFrame".
then you do not have the Lotro dependency installed. Please refer to installation instructions to handle this
v0.9.5.beta1 - minimum viable plugin
v0.9.5.beta2 - added effects and fixed some non-working ones, added a lot of warden effects
v0.9.5.beta3 - fixed the non-working warden effects (lotro-wiki *shakesfist*)
v1.0 - release for general public
v1.0.1 - fix for proper dependency in Lotro Compendium
v1.0.2 - corruption counting (for bosses like Sagrog and The Unbroken One)
v1.0.3 - moved most options to context menu, smoothed flickering corruption count, removed pre-load number
v1.0.4 - added more effects
v1.1.0 - effects can be selected uniquely for each frame, and persist with saving and loading
Bugs and feedback
Message me here, Grimmerthan @ Brandywine, or @Grimmerthan#6871 @ Lotro Discord.