The 1.3.3 version didn't upload properly. Putting it in now at 22.214.171.124. Sorry for any chaos!
DebuffVitals is a tool to provide help tracking debuffs and boss states during raids. This copies DTox's Vitals functionality and extends it to include effects. A huge thanks to DTox for his work!
At a high level, the current functionality is:
- persistent tool-tipping for any number of targets
- track morale and power of targets
- various configuration options like load frames automatically, resize, and lock position
- tracks a whole bunch of player-applied debuffs/effects on targets (too many to list here)
- track corruption counts for specific boss fights (count appears in upper left corner of a frame)
NEW - PERFORMANCE UPDATE
Effects are handled very differently, going from an event handler to a regular scan of effects. This should have a positive impact on performance.
Please consider 1.3.x a performance test version.
Please try it out and give me any feedback.
I changed the savefile format to include configurations. If the plugin doesn't load properly, do one of these things:
1) If the plugin options have loaded in plugins manager, clear the save file by hitting default/accept
2) Delete your debuffvital's plugindata file at ...\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Grimmerthan\DebuffVitals\
Accessible through the frame:
1) Lock/unlock a target - click the lock icon
2) Select a previously locked target - click anywhere in the morale/power/effects area.
3) Add a new tracking frame - right click the title bar and select new target
4) Remove a tracking frame - right click the title bar and select remove target. If a frame is locked, it cannot be removed.
5) Hide/show morale, power, and all effects per target
6) Hide/show specific effects per target
7) Keep frame locations - when the plugin is loaded, frames are positioned to saved spots
8) Lock positions - prevent the frames from moving (to move a frame, disable -> move frame -> enable)
Accessible through the options panel in plugins manager (for changes to persist, you need to apply changes here and then save settings through the right-click context menu)
9) Change the height or width of all frame - adjust size via scrollbars
10) Change the set of effects selectable to be shown for a target
11) Performance tuning
- throttle based on frames. A check of targets will occur every X frames (default 20). For example, a FPS of 60 will give 3 updates/second.
Accessible through the chat panel are a series of commands:
usage: /debuffvitals|dbv [save <name> | list | load <name> | delete <name>] | help | save settings
12) Save settings using the command line (in addition to the context menu)
13) Store and load different configurations, for use in different situations. Switch between setups, rather than manually tweaking everything each time.
Where do I think this is going? Let me introduce the following ideas (and also please check 'future work' down below):
1) There's value in a creep-side version
2) There's value in looking at player-caused effects targeted at either NPCs or other players
3) Going to the plugin manager options panel is clumsy (mostly fixed)
4) People sort and consume information in serially unique ways
My current "future version" looks like:
- freep or creep frame
- one can create either an NPC or a player effect frame (and switch between the types. I don't expect it to dynamically switch through a target change though; this seems ugly)
- sort order will be adjustable (not sure drag-n-drop ordering fits here, at least something in the options panel)
Upcoming and possible future work
(up next)- localization
(up next)- initial creep side version
(up next)- font size selection
(up next)- font selection
- customize re-order of effects
- add more effects as requested or apparent
- fix issues (please find some)
- show specific corruptions
- player buff tracking, eg, stun immunity
- creep-side versions
- look into garbage collection for possible memory concerns
- effects above title bar
- CLI toggle to hide effects bars (between raids)
- hide inactive effects
- toggle title bar visibility
- transparency and font/window colours
1) download the zipfile
2) unzip the zipfile
3) move 'Grimmerthan' into Lotro's plugin folder, commonly at: ...\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins so that the folder structure looks like : ...\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Grimmerthan\DebuffVitals\
4) if not already installed, install "Turbine Classes and Examples" from https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...dExamples.html
(Plugin Compendium also)
5) refresh plugins - /plugins refresh
6) load plugin - /plugins load debuffvitals
7) target mobs and try it out!
Known behaviours and issues
Sometimes, applied effects don't show up in DebuffVitals, especially single effects or initial effects. Also, there is no reliable way to detect when an effect is removed or cleared. This is due to Lotro's Lua interfaces. I repeat. This is due to Lotro's Lua interfaces. The list of effects from Lua is inaccurate (often partial, occasionally duplicated). This means it's hard to differentiate when something is gone versus something is missing, and it's hard to tell when an effect actually appears on a mob.
Changing away and back to the target usually helps. Applying more effects usually helps. This operates surprisingly well in fellowships or raids.
If you want this to improve, please submit bugs to SSG and talk about it on https://www.lotro.com/forums/forumdi...amp-Discussion
2) Morale, power, new effects, and corruption counts do not update unless it is targeted by yourself or fellowship member. Lotro's Lua interfaces are intentionally limited to what a client reasonably knows. This means active information about one target and one target only.
3) Toggle effects will not disappear when a target goes through some transition or similar situation, eg, a target dummy resetting or boss phase, or a character changing trait trees and resetting marks. Refreshing the target helps.
4) "Stunned" effect occasionally persists after timing down. Refreshing the target helps.
5) When targeting an object (no morale/power) and then targeting nothing, the morale and power bars may not reset properly
6) When multiple effects of the same type are applied, the timer will flip between these multiple effects.
1) If an error indicates a problem with loading configuration, delete the DebuffVitals.plugindata file commonly located at ...\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData\<account ser>\<server>\<character>\ folder.
2) If you see the following error:
...ine\Plugins\Grimmerthan\DebuffVitals\EffectFrame.lua:4: attempt to call global 'class' (a nil value)
...ngs Online\Plugins\Grimmerthan\DebuffVitals\Main.lua:2 1: Failed to import package "Grimmerthan.DebuffVitals.EffectFrame".
then you do not have the Lotro dependency installed. Please refer to installation instructions to handle this
v0.9.5.beta1 - minimum viable plugin
v0.9.5.beta2 - added effects and fixed some non-working ones, added a lot of warden effects
v0.9.5.beta3 - fixed the non-working warden effects (lotro-wiki *shakesfist*)
v1.0 - release for general public
v1.0.1 - fix for proper dependency in Lotro Compendium
v1.0.2 - corruption counting (for bosses like Sagrog and The Unbroken One)
v1.0.3 - moved most options to context menu, smoothed flickering corruption count, removed pre-load number
v1.0.4 - added more effects
v1.1.0 - effects can be selected uniquely for each frame, and persist with saving and loading
v1.1.1 - fix for errors during some target change and morale change situations (listed as v1.1.9 because I made a mistake when I uploaded the next version)
v1.2.0 - performance tuning
v1.3.0 - performance tuning - changing from updates when effects change to a regular update
v1.3.1 - fix for FPS drop
v1.3.2 - bad fix for load/save, tweaked CLI commands
v1.3.3 - bad upload
v126.96.36.199 - actual fix for load/save
v1.3.4 - fix for 'armour rend' breaking loading
Bugs and feedback
Message me here, Grimmerthan @ Brandywine, or @Grimmerthan#6871 @ Lotro Discord (I'm in lotro-wiki and main unofficial Lotro discord).