LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Help (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Buttons don't "push" (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1887)

Adra 10-16-2012 11:24 AM

@ Eili.

Hmm interesting :)

Ingame, in option panel -> UI settings tab, do your toolbar scale is set to 1.00 ?

(and by the way, since I saw you're from Montreal, do you speak french ?)

Wicked Mouse 10-16-2012 07:55 PM

Interesting findings! Keep us posted! :)

liftedplane 10-17-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adra (Post 8230)
Ok guys, time to panic or to enter in fury mode :D

It appeared in my tests that the problem come from :

<Element ID="ToolbarField" X="120" Y="746" Width="1024" Height="200">

Setting a "Y" value going outside the actual height of the screen seems to cause the bug.

On my own system, which has a 1200 height display, setting "Y" beyond 1000 make it bug. 1000 + 200 (toolbar's height from this example) = 1200

All works fine untill I test the same code on a smaller resolution of 980 pixels height. --> Welcome back Mr Bug !

This means people now have to edit both width and height values in the skindefinition.xml files to position the toolbar :mad:

I'm really fed up with this kind of crappy dev job...

*sigh* I'm really not liking how everytime there's a new release something is broken with our skins... I get adding stuff but this is getting ridiculous.

maybe if I have the time this weekend I'll get around to fixing daimon UI and my purple version. thanks for the info on why the bug... hopefully they will fix this crap.

Eili 10-17-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adra (Post 8232)
@ Eili.

Hmm interesting :)

Ingame, in option panel -> UI settings tab, do your toolbar scale is set to 1.00 ?

(and by the way, since I saw you're from Montreal, do you speak french ?)

SOrry had to take some rest. Logging in game now to check the scale

And i am from France living now in Montreal. So yes i speak french. Surely way better than my poor english :)

Eili 10-17-2012 02:33 AM

Ok i will post it later but i went in fullscreen, with my Isil.8no button UI.

Toolbar was set at 0.77 switched to 1.00 scale without relogging.

I could use mounted combat without any problem

and i can use it too at any scale.

Now if i log off and relog with my scale set already to 1 for the toolbar then i can not either click on it.

All is working fine if this is either over 1 or below.

So i have the same problem but never encountered as i dont use the scale 1.

Sorry for the bad leading :(

--------------------------------------------
So i can confirme that, loading with an UI at scale above or below 1, IF you change your scale to 1, without going off, then the skills are available. But if you decide de log off, then you need to play again with the scale.

Considering it is more a bug than anything on our side, i will not for now touch any of my settings code for the bars. I will see if players are ok to go either at 1.1 or 0.99 scale for now.

Adra 10-17-2012 09:43 AM

Thank you for the tests Eili

Quote:

Considering it is more a bug than anything on our side, i will not for now touch any of my settings code for the bars. I will see if players are ok to go either at 1.1 or 0.99 scale for now.
Same thing for me ^^
I prefer leveling my 2 chars in the Rohan instead to going crazy trying to find how to repair Turbine fails :D

(et un petit coucou d'Avignon ;) )

Eili 10-17-2012 09:48 AM

((sorry a little french speaking))

ohhhh Avignon! Cette cité est merveilleuse. j'ai eu la chance d'assister à de grands festivals là-bas

Je suis originaire du sud, la Corse, mais une grande partie de ma famille est encore en Provence, en Corse, et dans le Sud-Ouest.

Cela me manque!!

((french done! :P))

Equendil 10-17-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eili (Post 8239)
((sorry a little french speaking))

ohhhh Avignon! Cette cité est merveilleuse. j'ai eu la chance d'assister à de grands festivals là-bas

Je suis originaire du sud, la Corse, mais une grande partie de ma famille est encore en Provence, en Corse, et dans le Sud-Ouest.

Cela me manque!!

((french done! :P))

Tout le monde parle Français sur ce site ou quoi ? :p

I should translate my own plugins in French someday :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vald (Post 8226)
So, this works BUT... Every time I log back in or return from session play, I have to do it again. Any permanent fix?

No idea if staying at 99% or 101% isn't doing the trick.

Eili 10-17-2012 12:09 PM

Putting the scale at 0.99 do the trick. I keep logging on and off for testing purpose of the UI and i never had to change the scale since it is at 0.99.

So ....

liftedplane 10-17-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eili (Post 8243)
Putting the scale at 0.99 do the trick. I keep logging on and off for testing purpose of the UI and i never had to change the scale since it is at 0.99.

So ....

still haven't to set it to 99% is just another step that shouldn't have to be taken. I've sent in a bug report and everyone here should as well