LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does anyone know what happened to Combat Analysis? (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3493)

Hyoss 05-19-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightmare87 (Post 11340)
So, it could be safe to say, that the actual author, could have put that there, just to annoy someone in particular?

I suspect the idea was for this to be a rather harmless easteregg/backdoor allowing the author to play pranks on people using CombatAnalysis - but the three names were reserved on only one server. Someone read the code, created characters with those names on another server and used this to harass someone. This is not unheard of, easteregss becoming unintended exploitable features.

If there was a check for servername together with the player name check, only the author's account would have ever been able to use this, and maybe nobody would have ever noticed.

Thurallor 05-19-2014 10:14 PM

Too bad there's no way to determine the server name in Lua. (Or am I wrong?)

Garan 05-20-2014 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thurallor (Post 11353)

You are correct, server name is not exposed via Lua.

Pulse 05-23-2014 05:32 AM

Have anyone last build of CA to download?
pm pls. :o

Thanks

Equendil 05-26-2014 05:27 AM

Quote:

It's kind of possible to know what server a script is running on, by parsing the chat and extracting long identifiers from items / users, that include a high order byte identifying the server.

Galuhad 05-26-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Narrel said he will be taking a look over Lua in the coming months, so this could be a suggestion to put on the lua section on the lotro forums.

gjpc 05-28-2014 01:53 PM

Shedding a bit more light

Hello,

I enhanced the Combat Analysis plugin about a year ago adding an average column to the stats. I have not used it much but now want to see how various jewelry affects my performance. Now imagine my surprise when I see this thread.

None of the copies I made last year contained the nasty Easter egg hack. So the do-badder made his insertion sometime in the last 12 months.

The old zips I have are 4.1.6 c and b and they work with update 13 :)

Being that I have these pre-naughty hacking versions and there are no copyrights on any of the code and Evendale acknowledged and dicussed my work on the project with private messages, what does the community suggest I do?

Cairenn 05-28-2014 02:32 PM

If there is no copyright license stated, it defaults to ARR. I would need to hear from the original author directly in order to allow you to upload your version.

Pulse 05-28-2014 05:43 PM

4.2.3 was the latest version ;)
i've changed easter-egg and it works fine on U13.1 ;)

gjpc 05-28-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 11366)
If there is no copyright license stated, it defaults to ARR. I would need to hear from the original author directly in order to allow you to upload your version.

I have a common connection with a James Bebbington in linkedin I sent a connect request.

--------------------

Open the refrigerator door please HAL.
Of course Dave.
HAL, you closed the refrigerator door! My arm is trapped in there!
I'm sorry Dave, a traffic cam has recorded your jay walking violation and I am instructed by the police to immobilize you until they arrive.