LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does anyone know what happened to Combat Analysis? (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3493)

magill 05-28-2014 07:45 PM

Does LOTRO interface have a "rollback" capability?

Put another way... The Wayback Machine has a copy of the web page describing how to use Combat Analysis if there is not an easy way to re-instate it locally.

Evendale 06-02-2014 08:08 PM

Geez I don't care what you do with my plugin. Change it, hack it, do whatever you want to it ... the only thing I would prefer you not to do is take the thing down lol

If you want I can upload a revised edition without the "naughty hacking" method. However, I'm not sure I actually have the code anymore. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Q: Why didn't you at least try PMing me about this? ...

That hack was in there for over a year though lol, and I used it many times on Elendilmir (and then I gave my account to someone else to keep up the trolling work for me). Funny that this only becomes an issue now. I hope some of you appreciate the humour at least. Too many uptight people on Brandywine I guess lol.

Also, for the record:
- I wrote the entire plugin myself from scratch (including adding the code to troll people)
- No I don't accept random Linked In friend requests

Cairenn 06-02-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evendale (Post 11374)
If you want I can upload a revised edition without the "naughty hacking" method. However, I'm not sure I actually have the code anymore. I'll check when I get home tonight.

If you do, go for it.

gjpc 06-03-2014 01:56 AM

Be sure declare a resonable copyleft or public domain!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evendale (Post 11374)
- No I don't accept random Linked In friend requests

Lovely to be considered random, mathematicians have been trying to attain that lofty algorythmic goal for centuries.

Evendale 06-03-2014 11:51 PM

Yea I don't have the code anymore. Can someone else just upload a fix? ... As if anyone cares about copyright issues relating to this; I certainly don't.

Or if someone has a copy of the code they can send to me, I'll edit out the relevant part and re-upload it.

Either way, does anyone have a copy of the instructions page? [i.e. specifically the BB Code]

Thurallor 06-04-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evendale (Post 11378)
Yea I don't have the code anymore. Can someone else just upload a fix? ... As if anyone cares about copyright issues relating to this; I certainly don't.

Or if someone has a copy of the code they can send to me, I'll edit out the relevant part and re-upload it.

Either way, does anyone have a copy of the instructions page? [i.e. specifically the BB Code]

I'm sure someone over there does. Speaking of which, you still need to reply to that thread.

Hyoss 06-04-2014 10:08 AM

The page can still be found here (January version):

http://web.archive.org/web/201301150...tAnalysis.html

I still have the latest version of CombatAnalysis on my drive.

However I assume bothn the BB Code for the description page and all versions of the addon are still available to the mods of lotrointerface, they are just no longer accessible to the outside.

Evendale 06-04-2014 12:53 PM

Yea HTML code is good and all but it would take some considerable amount of time to convert that back to BB Code properly :(

Is there a way I can just re-upload to the existing page?

Cairenn 06-04-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyoss (Post 11381)
However I assume bothn the BB Code for the description page and all versions of the addon are still available to the mods of lotrointerface, they are just no longer accessible to the outside.

Nope. The project was removed completely.

Thurallor 06-04-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 11383)
Nope. The project was removed completely.

Is it not possible to simply disable a project, or was that an accident?