LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beta Interfaces (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Riders Of The Riddermark UI (ROTR) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560)

Supermax 02-29-2008 09:12 PM

Riders Of The Riddermark UI (ROTR)

In an attempt to make my kin like me, lol, I developed a UI.

I'm really happy with it so far and I'd like to upload it to Lotrointerface and open it up to the public.

Here's a pic:

I know what your thinking, gee that left horse wrap-up on the toolbar looks similar to LM's FE. This was a fluke. Don't worry, I sent him a PM and he's cool with me uploading.

Cairenn 02-29-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermax (Post 2478)
I'd like to upload it to Lotrointerface

Please do. :)

Supermax 03-01-2008 08:53 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Lol well then, I'll finish up what elements im working on right now and upload it as a BETA. If all goes well, I should be returning to finish my Gondor Movie Theme UI.

That will be exciting.

Supermax 03-01-2008 11:27 PM

I'm currently working on a minimap template.

Check it out.

Brode 03-02-2008 12:53 AM

it looks great! Id definitely try it out.

Wicked Mouse 03-02-2008 05:58 AM

Looks very nice :)

OarisJM 03-02-2008 11:03 AM

Beautiful work thus far graphically! I especially love the placement of the bag/tools buttons. That should satisfy minimalists and purists alike.

Cleitanious 03-02-2008 12:26 PM

bag and minibuttons are in a very bad position for how I like my action-bars to be set up. But please make your UI skin the way you want :) and if you want another version w/o those buttons :)

Supermax 03-04-2008 12:09 AM

So I'm super close to finishing version 1 but I won't be able to unless I figure whats up with the minimap positioning. I mean I guess I could upload it without the minimap template but I'd like to put out a finished package..

Can anyone tell me whats up with it?

Problem:

Changing values in the minimap panel in the SkinDefinition.xml file doesn't provide any result ingame. The panel id is ID_UISkin_MinimapWindow.

If this means anything, the toolbar id is 'toolbar' and not 'ID_UISkin_Toolbar' like in the SkinDictionary.txt.. If I change it to ID_UISkin_Toolbar, the xml data for the toolbar doesn't work. Am I using a dif version of XML or something?

Anyway please help I really want to upload it so you guys can see what I've done. :)

I've PMed Frosty on the topic.. I hope he gets back to me soon.

Supermax 03-04-2008 10:59 PM

Heres a pic of the new and improved vitals + bio pedigree background. The circular scrollwork on the vitals look similar to that of the default vitals, only with a colour change. I 100% assure you this was unintentional but it still looks good so I've decided to keep it.

Larren 03-05-2008 04:32 PM

Wow! Simply amazing UI design and artwork, I'm going to be checking back constantly in hope of a release! ;)

Supermax 03-06-2008 01:19 AM

Vitals

Ok, so I just finished skinning the good signature, avenger, hero, defender and master defender vitals.

Take look see:

Larren 03-06-2008 05:10 AM

Awesome! I really like how clean they are all and the theme flows together. :)

OarisJM 03-06-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larren (Post 2501)
I'm going to be checking back constantly in hope of a release! ;)

That sounds a bit like me... hehe. Beautiful work!

Supermax 03-06-2008 05:05 PM

A release of the UI is coming sooner than you think...

The Scyphozoa 03-07-2008 12:13 AM

AWESOME!! Must get... especially since my character's origin is Rohan. And it's not cheezy either!!! MUST. HAVE.

Cleitanious 03-07-2008 05:23 PM

I Must Has

Wicked Mouse 03-07-2008 10:37 PM

Dang, how did you do those vitals? made em in 3D first or something? Such a professional job!

Supermax 03-08-2008 03:40 AM

Lol, thanks for the replies.

@ Wicked Mouse

Lol no I'm just a big fan of the dodge/burn tools in photoshop.

The Scyphozoa 03-08-2008 12:38 PM

PLEASE hurry up!!! :(:(:(:(

Supermax 03-08-2008 02:18 PM

I wasn't entirely convinced with the Character Journal I had developed before so I took another shot at it. It's still rough but I like it:

Let me know what you think.

Larren 03-08-2008 04:24 PM

Looks good to me! :)

The Scyphozoa 03-08-2008 05:26 PM

Oh, yes, new one's much better. NOW UPLOAD IT!!

The Scyphozoa 03-08-2008 10:23 PM

Um, wow, I just want to say that I can't believe that you still don't get any ranged attack at lvl 50 on Captain. STICKING WITH HUNTER.

Supermax 03-08-2008 10:27 PM

Lol. Ya. Captains pwn Hunters in PVP though

Larren 03-12-2008 04:34 PM

<peeks around to see if there have been any updates, pouts!>

The Scyphozoa 03-12-2008 06:18 PM

Can you also release a version with the full toolbar once you're done?

Supermax 03-13-2008 01:24 AM

Full toolbar? Like put the minibuttons back on the sides?

Larren 03-13-2008 02:19 PM

Well, as long as you keep the option to have it like it is now, as well. ;)

I LOVE the bag and other buttons being ontop of the middle bar.. saves so much space and just looks much more awesome to me. I'm a big space saver / want everything to fit together and that's why I love how it's all setup right now.

The Scyphozoa 03-13-2008 05:01 PM

Yeah, the buttons back on the sides. Just cuz I'm obsessive-compulsive and I want all my chars to have the full toolbar (I use Durin's Folk for dwarves, Spirit of Elfwood for elves, and I will use Delving Hills for hobbits once it's released).

Supermax 03-13-2008 05:13 PM

Alright buddy, I'll see what I can do.

OarisJM 03-13-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larren (Post 2573)
Well, as long as you keep the option to have it like it is now, as well. ;) I LOVE the bag and other buttons being ontop of the middle bar.. saves so much space and just looks much more awesome to me. I'm a big space saver / want everything to fit together and that's why I love how it's all setup right now.

I agree, I love how you've condensed the buttons in a beautiful way - never liked the original gigantic bar, just takes up too much screen space.

Supermax 03-15-2008 11:33 AM

For all you being patient enough, thank you very much.

I just finished my mid terms and will be returning to finish the development of ROTR shortly. I will also be including an exclusive picture, with the UI download, of my new and improved Gondor Movie Theme.

For those of you who don't know what that is:

Gondor Movie Theme was the first UI I ever developed. Sadly, I never got around to finishing it. Looking back, there are a lot of things I want to change both functionally and graphically. With the experience I've gained from ROTR I plan to go back to GMT and "reforge" it. Take a look at the original:

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ySupermax.html

Once both UIs are completed I plan on releasing them seperately, as well as together in a bundle titled 'Men of the West'.
Lol I know the title is a little sexist but blame Tolkein.

Anyway I'm super excited.

Dyrnwynn 03-15-2008 08:44 PM

You're super-excited? I want this skin. Great stuff.

Also, I liked your Gondor theme, and I'm eagerly anticipating an updated version.

Supermax 03-16-2008 07:52 PM

Thanks buddy.

Your going to loooove this new Gondor skin. I started a thread for it but your going to have to wait till the ROTR Skin is updated to see the first pictures of it.

It's really difficult to hold the picture back from you guys, but it'll be worth it.

Men of the West (Gondor Movie Theme Resurrection):

http://www.lotrointerface.com/forums...read.php?t=577

Supermax 03-16-2008 09:07 PM

Just uploaded!

I just uploaded the AS IS beta version of the UI. Read below.

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ySupermax.html

Quote:

Riders of the Riddermark (ROTR) March 16/08 - AS IS
--------------------------------------------------

I am releasing the AS IS version of the UI, meaning it is 95% complete aside from some selection skins.

This will be a good chance for the public to try out the skin and let me know:
a) What to improve on
b) What to add
c) What to change

So please, download the AS IS version of the skin and let me know what you think.

IMPORTANT****

There is a tutorial in the SkinDictionary.xml file which will explain how to adjust the skin to suit your screen resolution. It's important to do this before you try and load the skin into the game.

BONUS ***

There is an exclusive image of the prototype toolbar for the new Men of the West (Gondor Movie Theme) UI skin.

The Scyphozoa 03-16-2008 09:10 PM

What do you mean by "selection skins"?

Supermax 03-16-2008 09:12 PM

As in selection images for quest highlights and title highlights.

Mail selections are done, aswell as skill selections.

The Scyphozoa 03-17-2008 07:55 PM

Funny how there are 111 downloads of both this skin and "Delving Hills". Both great skins.

EDIT: Wow, and now there are 116 for Delving Hills and only 114 for ROTR. And I did download ROTR again with the update. You're falling behind, Supermax!

Larren 03-18-2008 03:15 PM

Hey Super!

Love the UI, I love it to nooo end on all my characters now. :)

I ended up spotting one bug so far, wanted to let you know about it.

Certain mobs don't have health bars. Pics below.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/754...ot00041vh5.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8...ot00042ou7.jpg