LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Welcome and Introductions (Post Hello's Here) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3)

Cairenn 02-01-2007 10:40 PM

Hi Mojo420, welcome to the site.

What do you want to know? How to actually create custom Interfaces, or how to use ones created by other people?

Realize that we can't actually give you any specifics for LotRO yet as it is still in Closed Beta and thus NDA (non-disclosure agreement) rules apply, but a general overview of Interface customization as seen in other games can be discussed.

Bigleon 02-02-2007 01:18 PM

Hey Y'all this is bigleon Represent'n Lol. Actully i'm a honest Newb to UI Editing, but hell it sounds like fun.

Honestly Big UI Changes I would like to try, is a "Auto Emoter" So I could have a few select bars for emotes say on right or left side of screen, click it and it emotes to slected players. Cause honestly if i'm gonna get any of those high amounts for special things I'm gonna need it. Also, you think we be able to pull of UI's like those used in wow. (Not auto casters) but as far as UI perforamce upgrades you get what i'm say'n? Yeah i'm abuse 'n oh well. Also another question while i'm at it. How come we can't use our custom pic for Avatar? Sorry i'm a ranter.

OH one more thing, I a Player on Brandywine Server, Kinship - DarkTemple My name is Abigale.. yeah i play chick players who cares lol.

Cairenn 02-02-2007 03:27 PM

Hi Bigleon, welcome to the site. :)

Bigleon 02-06-2007 01:48 PM

Thank you for the welcome.

ElvenWitch 02-12-2007 11:14 AM

Hello,

ElvenWitch is what I usually go by but in LOTRO I'll be known as Jessmine.

I'm new to modding but it's something that i really want to get into. I'm currently trying my hand at modding a phpbb that I'm setting up for my friends but want to get into interfacing for the game as well.

My biggest drawback is that I'm not very artistic. So, I'm curious if that would be a problem or if there are ways around that?

Anyhow enough about me lets start seeing some of the mods :) No more NDA posting time YAY!!!

Cairenn 02-12-2007 11:16 AM

Welcome ElvenWitch/Jessmine. :)

I'm quite sure there will be folks that will be willing to help you out with graphics work. Collaborations are great things. :)

And yeah, I can't wait for the mods to start going up too! *bounces*

Ravenhall 02-12-2007 12:50 PM

Ravenhall

I'm a veteran modder of other games (DAoC, balh blah) and I've been in beta since Beta 1 of LOTRO. I'm going to be posting some interfaces I've created over the next couple of days. I'm glad they finally lifted the NDA.

Bigleon 02-12-2007 01:12 PM

I know, I'm so excited to see what comes up. I'd love to test skins.

Ghil 02-12-2007 01:21 PM

hey :) I follow modding of MMOs for a great while but never actually got to modding myself. but this time, I'll be trying :)

Cairenn 02-12-2007 02:25 PM

Hi Ravenhall. Looking forward to seeing what you've already got on the go. :)

Welcome Ghil. You should give it a try, modding is fun! :)