LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   lotro add-on downloads here? (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=992)

unclecid 08-31-2010 05:53 PM

lotro add-on downloads here?

are you all planning on providing a clearing house here for all the new Lua add-ons once they are brought to the Live servers in Lotro?

:D

Cairenn 08-31-2010 07:10 PM

Yup yup. :)

unclecid 09-01-2010 08:31 AM

Suhweet!!!

:d

Gedachtnis 09-02-2010 12:50 PM

The Dev Diary is up!

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdia...-lua-scripting

daimon 09-02-2010 01:41 PM

cheers so it's gonna make it to the live client ^^

D.H1cks 09-02-2010 02:03 PM

Great news.

Marll 09-02-2010 02:07 PM

Cool, it'd be nice to get all the beta ones that were written uploaded here with screenshots and descriptions soon. I'm looking foward to a few of them already from testing them in beta.

Gedachtnis 09-02-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marll (Post 4393)
Cool, it'd be nice to get all the beta ones that were written uploaded here with screenshots and descriptions soon. I'm looking foward to a few of them already from testing them in beta.

Yes indeed.

I wonder if what we have loaded now will work on live.

Marll 09-02-2010 02:31 PM

I'm pretty sure the Lua implementation in beta is exactly what is going live.

daimon 09-02-2010 06:30 PM

not wanting to rush you guys but faster you can do it there's a fat chance that lotrointerface will become the main hub for lotro plugins, at least a forum section would be a good thing to set up asap :)

Marll 09-02-2010 06:41 PM

Agreed, establish yourself now with a space to post them, or I think the risk is real that they end up over at Curse or something. :(

Deewe 09-02-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gedachtnis (Post 4389)

Read the post and while interesting it looks like very thin.

In terms of playability, unless I can't read, the two most important features are missing:

- Cursor mod, especially scaling
- Fonts customization, especially quest texts.

unclecid 09-03-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daimon (Post 4405)
not wanting to rush you guys but faster you can do it there's a fat chance that lotrointerface will become the main hub for lotro plugins, at least a forum section would be a good thing to set up asap :)

aye..ive already added a linky to here in my sig saying "for all your ui/addon needs"

Marll 09-04-2010 01:30 AM

So, from a post from one of the UI/Lua devs in beta on the LOTRO forums stated that scripts should be able to start being posted on 3rd party sites next week for the head start.

It'd be great to start working with authors to get some stuff posted over here for the launch.

Turbine also just added a new Lua forum in the general (non-beta) forums:

http://forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay.php?f=520

daimon 09-04-2010 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marll (Post 4412)
Turbine also just added a new Lua forum in the general (non-beta) forums:
http://forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay.php?f=520

yea and guess can people without US sub write there (atm) ? >.< It's idiotic to divide the community like that, hopefully they do something about that.

D.H1cks 09-04-2010 06:44 AM

Cool to see a forum come up. And I agree Daimon, it sucks to divide the community.

Something I never really paid attention to, if you created a free account on the North America servers, played enough to get enough TP to buy something and become a Premium member, would that get you access to the forums?

Edit: Something I just noticed about the new forums, it appears (I have not tried yet) that they are going to allow attachments in that sub-forum.

daimon 09-04-2010 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.H1cks (Post 4420)
Something I never really paid attention to, if you created a free account on the North America servers, played enough to get enough TP to buy something and become a Premium member, would that get you access to the forums?

Maybe. I guess we should soon see.. but still quite a lot work just to get a forum access ;p

MrJackdaw 09-04-2010 12:48 PM

I am just hoping all the plugins will have a good home here - I have reservations about Curse, just personal preference though!

DeusDictum - if you are watching - will you be posting your dragbar library here?

The Old One 09-04-2010 04:37 PM

As of today people have already started posting addons at lotroplugins.com.
We need a place to post them here before somewhere else becomes the dominant place for lua addons.

Eili 09-04-2010 05:16 PM

4 days left .....

so far Lotroplugins have only one Plugins to offer, come on little busy mouse of Lotrointerface, open your door to the LUA of our great creators :P

kwiat_w 09-04-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daimon (Post 4422)
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.H1cks (Post 4420)

Maybe. I guess we should soon see.. but still quite a lot work just to get a forum access ;p

You don't become Premium by spending TP, but by buying them for real money.

The updated LOTRO Community Guidelines predict warnings and forum bans for free players for violating those guidelines, so it suggests they will have access to at least some parts of the official forum.

D.H1cks 09-04-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwiat_w (Post 4433)
You don't become Premium by spending TP, but by buying them for real money.

The updated LOTRO Community Guidelines predict warnings and forum bans for free players for violating those guidelines, so it suggests they will have access to at least some parts of the official forum.

Oh ya. I totally read that wrong, and never gave it much thought since I am a lifetime account holder.

MrJackdaw 09-05-2010 05:24 AM

The section of the site http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/cat21.html labelled "Plug-ins and Patches" is going to need renaming to avoid confusion. When I did a google search for Lotro Plugins it was the top entry...

unclecid 09-05-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daimon (Post 4418)
yea and guess can people without US sub write there (atm) ? >.< It's idiotic to divide the community like that, hopefully they do something about that.

NA forums are run by Turbine.

EU forums are run by Codemasters.

thats why they dont mix....Codemaster has lower overhead and higher profit margin since all they do is localize the client and handle eu accounts and run the wu servers.

this allows them to be able to afford multi-language help on accounts and forums.

i am sure once the changeover happens there will be a Lua forum for Eu at codemasters.

if not..it aint all that hard to make a f2p account on NA to post on the forums.

Cairenn 09-05-2010 02:28 PM

And there's always the option of just using this site, it isn't restricted at all. ;)

Ealdor 09-06-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 4437)
And there's always the option of just using this site, it isn't restricted at all. ;)

Well yes. . but there is a restriction so far Cairenn. This is the first post since the announcement that LUA was going live. I had hopped that you would have everything in place in anticipation and just flip a switch once the announcement came out.

What is the ETA on the LUA plugin section to be up? We need to have a place to promote with the community.

If lotrointerface does not get it done soon I am sure Cure will, and we know that is not desirable.

Thanks.

Mike
http://www.youtube.com/user/Depzhealtank

unclecid 09-06-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ealdor (Post 4438)
Well yes. . but there is a restriction so far Cairenn. This is the first post since the announcement that LUA was going live. I had hopped that you would have everything in place in anticipation and just flip a switch once the announcement came out.

What is the ETA on the LUA plugin section to be up? We need to have a place to promote with the community.

If lotrointerface does not get it done soon I am sure Cure will, and we know that is not desirable.

Thanks.

Mike
http://www.youtube.com/user/Depzhealtank

lotroplugins.com is up

dont know who they are...but they obviously are looking to be the main hub for distribution.

:(

Eili 09-06-2010 09:35 AM

I really dont like the way Lotroplugins is made, and each time i log on it i received warning from either Firefox or IE .....

Uthboth 09-06-2010 02:41 PM

I do not plan to use that other site because I do not like the way it's setup and they do not have the history that Lotrointerface does. I do not and will not trust a fresh startup site. I've been an author and user of this site since 2007 and I do not go anywhere else for my addons for Lotro and DDO.

I do hope to see the plugins section getting added soon and hope to see the plugins find a nice home here if Turbine does not allow them to be posted to the forums.

Cairenn 09-06-2010 05:12 PM

I have been working on stuff behind the scenes, getting ready for everything to go live. No worries guys, not gonna let you down. :)

daimon 09-06-2010 05:14 PM

<3 Cairenn

Uthboth 09-06-2010 07:20 PM

Looking forward to the update, thanks for the new info Cairenn.

unclecid 09-07-2010 09:35 AM

yay!!!

cookies for Cairenn

Valdacil 09-07-2010 07:42 PM

Big patch went in today (day early) and according to the forums:

Quote:

The LOTRO Game Servers are now open with the launch of the Head Start of The Lord of the Rings Online™ Volume III: Allies of The King, Book 2: The Ride of the Grey Company, and the new LOTRO Free-to-Play option.
No plugins to be found on any site. LotROInterface needs to get in there and ruin all the pretenders. I'm really looking forward to getting some of the plugins highlighted during beta, but have nowhere to find them at right now.

Hopefully some kind soul will get all the authors to direct themselves here; once there is a place for them of course.

Cairenn 09-08-2010 05:57 AM

Check the front page, just opened everything up for you guys. :)

notebene 09-08-2010 08:52 AM

Why is it when I go to these new categories specifically looking for 'only' plug-ins, I see things from 2007?

Seems like skins and plug-ins all mixed together. Any chance of getting that separated out?

unclecid 09-08-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 4457)
Check the front page, just opened everything up for you guys. :)

im not seeing anything for Lua in downloads section

found 'em

ok..maybe addin Lua in the section title please?

:(

Cairenn 09-08-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notebene (Post 4463)
Why is it when I go to these new categories specifically looking for 'only' plug-ins, I see things from 2007?

Seems like skins and plug-ins all mixed together. Any chance of getting that separated out?

I'm currently working on archiving the really old ones that haven't been updated in ages, should help significantly. :)

D.H1cks 09-08-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notebene (Post 4463)

In some ways I understand why. It could be possible to have a single download that is both a skin and a plugin. For example, someone on the lotro forums wants to completely remove the main toolbar, and only have custom toolbars. That could be done with a single package that is both a plugin and a skin.

daimon 09-08-2010 09:22 AM

Yea skins doesn't actually need that many categories. I think complete skins (or Themes - skins that are total converts and partial skins), partial modifications (basically panel etc modifications) and patches would be enough for the skins (possibly beta too, but I don't know if thats necessary as you can note that in your skin version) ?

(and archive is a good idea as unfortunately there is many skins that doesn't work properly anymore with the new client)