LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Authoring Discussion (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   UI Skinning update in book 10 (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339)

Frosty 07-26-2007 10:26 AM

UI Skinning update in book 10

From the Turbine forums, but this time with my own special sauce!

This is a quick update for those users that like to skin their UIs.

The UI Skin ArtAssetIDs have been expanded. We'll be releasing another 400 or so art assets that can be replaced, bringing the total to around 650. After this, about 90% of the game will be skinnable.

The corresponding UI Skin Art Pack will be around 5mb with all the new assets.

The movement / resizing dictionary will be filled out. Instead of just modifying the layout of the toolbar, you'll be able to tweak the layout of any of about 250 panels and widgets.

There are still a few things we don't allow you to skin: maps, icons, and some progress bars - new tech needs to be written to allow these to be replaced. It is something we want to do in a future release.

Ok, there was no special sauce.
-P

Kailvine 07-26-2007 12:06 PM

Thank you so much for this Frosty! an extra 400 art assets... wow...

AncientWolf 07-26-2007 12:23 PM

Nothing like a bit of news like this to make you spit your coffee all over the screen...

Wow!

Thanks Frosty!

Now about that list...

(Edited to remove silly question. I blame coffee on the screen) :p

Aalwein 07-26-2007 01:26 PM

oh i can't wait to see the new custom ui's we start to build. LOTRO just got a lot more fun... for me anyway!

Cairenn 07-26-2007 01:34 PM

I can't wait either. It's getting to the point that I'm actually considering dusting off the custom UI I made back in the EQ days.

Reven 07-27-2007 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 1597)
I can't wait either. It's getting to the point that I'm actually considering dusting off the custom UI I made back in the EQ days.

thats right.. hmm :cool: there is much that can be brought from those days.. ;)

Adder 07-28-2007 02:28 PM

!!!!!!!!

This is absolutely awesome news! I've been waiting for something like this. I really miss the UI skinning abilities that were available in EQ2, and now it looks like we are getting closer with LOTRO (maps & icons in the future! Woohoo!)

Many thanks to all who had a hand in this and especially to Frosty.

AncientWolf 07-31-2007 11:27 AM

I hear tell (not confirmed) that book 10 is being patched to the test server.

When, or will we see the new assets during this time, or after book 10 is released onto the live servers?

Frosty 07-31-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientWolf (Post 1609)
I hear tell (not confirmed) that book 10 is being patched to the test server.

When, or will we see the new assets during this time, or after book 10 is released onto the live servers?

I'm working the machine... I hope so.

-P

Cairenn 07-31-2007 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 1610)
I'm working the machine... I hope so.

-P

He's so good to us. *Cheers Frosty* :)