LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released Interfaces (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Skin based on WoW (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102)

Asghaard 04-11-2007 09:43 AM

Skin based on WoW

Hi all !
(sorry for my english)

I find that LotRO icons aren't very beautiful, that's why I try to make my first Skin.

Here is a preview of my skin inspirated by the World of Warcraft Interface User.

I don't know if I will propose my skin in the future.
For the moment, i'm only testing it with the LotRo Skin Viewer by D.H1cks but I need some others functions in this tool.

CodeName : WoWStyle

Main changes (buttons and bags) :

D.H1cks 04-11-2007 10:08 AM

Looks good!

Glad you find my tool useful. Hope to have an updated version soon for you.

Dolby 04-11-2007 12:40 PM

That is looking really nice Asghaard. I'm sure many that have grown accustom to wow's interface will appreciate your work.

tug 04-12-2007 01:25 AM

Looks great any idea how long before you have a file ready (beta or other).
;) :rolleyes: :) :D

Asghaard 04-12-2007 02:11 AM

For the moment, I have only finished the bottom bar.

I will certainly propose different options in my final skin.
One skin with grey icons when they are inactive and an other version with colored icon in normal position.

My next step is to modify windows appearance.

I'm waiting the next version of the Skin Viewer or on April 14 to test in game. I hope that the beta version of my skin could be complete this week end (in the evening) even if I think that I will play LotRO because I only played a character until the 5 level (1-2 days of beta :o ).

(tell me if my english is too bad !)

Kaylan 04-12-2007 03:26 AM

I have to agree with you and the LOTRO icons not being the most pleasant. I also may be biased towards the WoW icons since I played it too, so it's hard to break habits and what I'm familiar with.

Nice idea, Asghaard, I look forward to seeing the results!

Oh and your English is just fine. :)

Daelina 04-12-2007 07:08 AM

I want that skins when done :)

Asghaard 04-12-2007 08:37 AM

I have made the auto_attack button and a new picture for comparaison :

(clic on the picture above to see in normal size)

I can easily change the attack icon for another (there is a lot of other and I tooke the first that I saw)

(in english, we write "clic" or "click")
(in french it's "clic")

seanwcom 04-12-2007 08:55 AM

Very nice! I can't believe how terrible the default UI is, this one is MUCH better. Good job!

moukow 04-12-2007 11:00 AM

Awesome.

I'm very excited about this skin pack Asghaard. I love how much of the... weird designs you got rid of. What you've got shown so far looks just like how I changed out my WoW interface to look using Bartender3. The swords display you chose works perfectly... it's too bad that it's not easily customized from some sort of options menu in game. It'd be cool to choose what auto-attack button you'd like to have based on your class.

I'm really hoping that you can remove the "stuff" from around the player unit frames. The big circles and so forth are pretty nasty looking. I wanted to move my vitals around today, but if I want to sit my vitals in the center of my screen it blocks everything out and it looks as though I'm fighting a picture of me :eek:

Also I'm hoping that you can remove stuff from around the map.

I'm sure you're already planning that, but I just want to say that I'm excited about the possibility.

And by the way, your English is just fine! Heck... I can understand you better than I can understand my 17 year old sister - and she's a native speaker :p

Keep up the good work!