LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Authoring Discussion (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Asset Browser (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2020)

Thurallor 05-26-2013 09:26 PM

Asset Browser
 
1 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure how long it usually takes to get an upload approved, but I just uploaded a nifty plugin I just wrote called "Asset Browser". It lets you conveniently browse the images in the game without crashing the client.

Leisurely browsing through the images, I have found some cool stuff already. See attachment for an example.

Edit: The Asset Browser has been approved: Link

Thurallor 05-28-2013 01:03 AM

What the heck is this? 0x41008F51

:)

Equendil 05-28-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thurallor (Post 8663)
What the heck is this? 0x41008F51

:)

Not online right now to check what you're talking about but try : 0x4112B630 (assuming it hasn't been removed in some update or another).

Thurallor 05-28-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equendil (Post 8664)
Not online right now to check what you're talking about but try : 0x4112B630 (assuming it hasn't been removed in some update or another).

Ha, that looks fun. Probably nobody outside of Turbine has gotten to play it, though.

liftedplane 05-28-2013 10:40 PM

pretty cool idea.

Lynx3d 05-29-2013 03:39 PM

This is really useful, unfortunately Garan's IRV unfortunately tries to load "bad" IDs every now and then when browsing, which costs a lot of time, and I'm still not sure what the intended way to blacklist them is.

You wouldn't share the secret how you compiled a list of valid IDs?

Now the perfect thing would be your seemingly safe and mostly complete list combined with the thumbnail grid and library of IRV :D

Thurallor 05-29-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynx3d (Post 8671)
This is really useful, unfortunately Garan's IRV unfortunately tries to load "bad" IDs every now and then when browsing, which costs a lot of time, and I'm still not sure what the intended way to blacklist them is.

You wouldn't share the secret how you compiled a list of valid IDs?

I just kept reloading the client, approximately 2^32 times, trying a different asset ID each time. With a reload time of 1 minute, it only took a little over 8,000 years. ;)

I'll PM you the boring details.

Quote:

Now the perfect thing would be your seemingly safe and mostly complete list combined with the thumbnail grid and library of IRV :D
It shouldn't be too hard to export my dataset into Garan's format. I'll look into it when I get a chance.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.

vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© MMOUI