LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graphics modification help (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   XP Bar Problem (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1582)

ShetiPhian 08-05-2011 10:50 AM

XP Bar Problem

Maybe someone can help with this.

As seen in the top picture;
The bar turns brown on the right side if there is rested xp available

In the middle picture;
The bar is correct even with rested xp
you can also see I've already re-sized the glass overlay to fit the smaller bar

Bottom picture;
Shows without rested xp the bar is correct.

Code:

<Element ID="LevelMeter"                                                X="15"  Y="12"  Width="621" Height="13">
        <Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain_LevelMeter_Glass_Overlay"        X="6"        Y="1"        Width="609" Height="11"> </Element>
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_RestXP_TutorialHighlight"                X="0"        Y="0"        Width="621" Height="13"> </Element>
        <Element ID="LevelMeterFill"                                    X="6"  Y="1"        Width="609" Height="11">
                <Element ID="LevelMeter_BonusMeter"                    X="0"  Y="0"        Width="609" Height="11"> </Element>
        </Element>
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_LevelUpXP_TutorialHighlight"            x="0"  Y="0"  Width="621" Height="13"> </Element>
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Experience_TutorialHighlight"        X="0"  Y="0"  Width="621" Height="13"> </Element>
        <Element ID="LevelMeterText"                                    X="0"  Y="0"  Width="621" Height="13"> </Element>
</Element>

ZhuHanuku 08-05-2011 05:01 PM

I don't remember exactly but it has something to do with the text area graphics (appearing behind the level and xp text) in the xp bar. I think I solved it by making those graphics transparent.

Here's the code I used in Black Vellum, where blank.tga is a fully transparent image I made:
Code:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_glass_overlay" FileName="blank.tga" />
<Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_left_cap" FileName="blank.tga" />
<Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_left_mid_cap" FileName="blank.tga" />
<Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_right_cap" FileName="blank.tga" />
<Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_right_mid_cap" FileName="blank.tga" />

Fortunis 08-06-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShetiPhian (Post 6945)
Bottom picture;
Shows without rested xp the bar is correct.

The bottom bar in your image is incorrect. As ZhuHanuku stated the brown should cover the whole of the middle section frame (level/xp text). Youll need to play about with the dimensions ( x and/or width) on one of the lines. Not sure which, it maybe the LevelMeterText, but cant recall.

D.H1cks 08-06-2011 07:52 AM

I think there is a hidden element that we don't have access to. I have completely removed all the items ZhuHanuku mentioned, plus removed the text as well, and I still get the dark spot on my own skin. It seems to me that there is a graphic being added when there is bonus xp that should line up behind the text. So if you don't use the standard 1024 width, it gets out of line.

Maybe it could be added if we get a new art pack when RoI comes out. Can always hope.