LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Help (D) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Problem Installing UI Theme (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528)

NektariosZ 02-08-2008 02:19 AM

Problem Installing UI Theme

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, i am new in LOTRO UI themes i have a problem i have download 10+ themes and none works i have post an image please if someone can help it would be great. I'm useing 1680x1050resolution with TFT screen.

Brygard2007 02-08-2008 02:41 AM

You most likely need to quit the game and then relog back in for the theme to kick in correctly.Each time you switch to different themes you have to do the steps above.

NektariosZ 02-08-2008 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brygard2007 (Post 2262)
You most likely need to quit the game and then relog back in for the theme to kick in correctly.Each time you switch to different themes you have to do the steps above.

i have relog many times and i still dont have any result, quit the game, relog, restart the pc and nothing

daimon 02-08-2008 05:22 AM

when those grey boxes appear it means the graphical element cannot be found so the files descriped in skindefition.xml aren't where they supposed to be. relogging wont do you any good here.

Check that you extracted all the files into my documents\lotro\ui\skins\<skin folder> and make sure you didn't just download an addon of the skin you're trying to use and not the whole skin (some addons may include only modified skindefinition.xml/or other modified files - as the rest of the files are included in main release).

NektariosZ 02-08-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daimon (Post 2264)
when those grey boxes appear it means the graphical element cannot be found so the files descriped in skindefition.xml aren't where they supposed to be. relogging wont do you any good here.

Check that you extracted all the files into my documents\lotro\ui\skins\<skin folder> and make sure you didn't just download an addon of the skin you're trying to use and not the whole skin (some addons may include only modified skindefinition.xml/or other modified files - as the rest of the files are included in main release).

Nope nothing happend i have try other ui themes too but nothing happend i get the same result every time i think that the ui themes are not for me, thank u guys for your help :) if anyone knows something about this issue plzz post here to help me.

Brygard2007 02-08-2008 01:06 PM

Don't know why it's not working for you.Have you read the walkthrough on the
F.A.Q page?Since you said your new the Lotro theme.
http://www.lotrointerface.com/forums...q_installation

NektariosZ 02-08-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brygard2007 (Post 2268)
Don't know why it's not working for you.Have you read the walkthrough on the
F.A.Q page?Since you said your new the Lotro theme.
http://www.lotrointerface.com/forums...q_installation

ok i am doing the same steps as the link you sent i tryed again and still nothing, thank u friend for your help but i dont see works for me :)

Brygard2007 02-08-2008 02:32 PM

What main theme you trying to use?

NektariosZ 02-09-2008 03:03 AM

any theme you can image i have try many, but i have one that i want to install JappMe - Ivy - Glass i hope that you can help me, is there a option i have to enable for ui?

Brygard2007 02-09-2008 03:46 AM

Ok let try this way.On you UI at
C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Ui\Skins
folder remove all the themes that you extracted here on the folder skins.
After it is empty,extract the folder jappme ivy only and is should look like the pic below.Also are you using Win Xp or vista?Think vista is a different location then above.
also to enable UI is at options in lotro ingame under Ui setting like in the walk through F.A.Q
Also are you using winzip or winrar or 7-zip to extract?
If you dont have any those programs,here a link to get the 7-zip.Its open source free to use.
http://www.7-zip.org/

NektariosZ 02-09-2008 04:50 AM

i am useing xp and yes i have try with winzip, winrar and 7zip and still no result :(

Brygard2007 02-09-2008 05:11 AM

Hmm.Im out of Ideas at the moment.dont know why its been trouble for you.It should worked.I even downloaded Jappme to verify the files working,and they are.I don't know.O ther thing that come to my mind is right click the Lotro folder properties in my documents and make sure it not set to read only,uncheck it, or if its encrypted if your using NTFS file system wich I dont know if that revelent to the problems so un encrypt it.dont know about having administrator privalages.Make sure to log in as administrator or have access to windows xp full privelage incase your using Limited account access.

NektariosZ 02-09-2008 06:07 AM

ok thank u m8 i login on xp as admin and still nothing do worry i'll try again and if it not work again i dont use ui themes for lotro :( np !!!!

Erendralin 07-06-2011 01:05 PM

I have the exact same problem with my LOTRO UI themes and my plugins.
Usually the background,borders,buttons and almost every element of the modified UI looks like a grid with blue squares and white lines.
After trying almost every possible solution in forums about LOTRO, it hit me.
You see, NektariosZ and i are both from Greece, we both use Windows XP and my guessing is that the problem is because of the native language in our computers, which is probably set to Greek.
Just a thought, yes i know, a crazy one, but it could be the root of this problem.
But i'm too lazy to format my computer and make a clean install of windows in english language, so i can't be sure if this is indeed the problem!
Any thoughts on that?

Fortunis 07-06-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erendralin (Post 6799)
I have the exact same problem with my LOTRO UI themes and my plugins.
Usually the background,borders,buttons and almost every element of the modified UI looks like a grid with blue squares and white lines.

You might find that its because your using images that are not TGA (targa) format. PNG show what your saying you are getting, not sure about other formats, not tried :)

Erendralin 07-06-2011 06:14 PM

So, what do you suggest my friend?
As far as i know, all the image files have an extension of .tga.
I don't know if it's possible but, is there any way to use the borders and icons of the default ui in order to avoid conflicts?
I mean, i have downloaded a skin editor but, again, some parts are missing, even when i load the ui skin through the editor-instead of blue-white grid i get a red one that dissapears as soon as i check an option that doesn't displays missing art(That's an editor option).
The modified skins seem to be almost perfect when i load them through the editor, but in-game the things look awfull.
I will post a few screenshots of both the editor and the in-game issues so that you can see what i mean.

Erendralin 07-06-2011 06:40 PM

This is a custom UI as it looks in-game-->
http://flic.kr/p/9NKeta

And this is a screenshot i took through the Skin Editor interface-->
http://flic.kr/p/a1frsV

I'm really frustrated not because the whole thing doesn't work, but because i feel useless, because i can't find why it's not working, what am i doing wrong-if i am doing wrong anything.

Fortunis 07-06-2011 06:53 PM

Im more into plugins rather than XML skinning, but for sure the blue and white hatching images are what i see if i use .PNG images in plugins. Maybe theres something wrong with the address of the images. e.g. the XML is looking in the wrong place...?

Cant really think of anything else at the moment.

ZhuHanuku 07-06-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erendralin (Post 6799)

The grid means that the image files (.tga) are not being loaded in-game. Usually this problem happens when the image files are missing or in the wrong location. Since you're able to load the custom ui, the SkinDefinition file must be in the correct location. Another possibility is that the image files are corrupt or otherwise unreadable.

If you followed the directions from above from Brygard2007 something else must be the problem. I'm sorry but I don't know what to suggest.

Erendralin 07-09-2011 07:40 AM

Ok, i finally solved this annoying problem.
It's been a long time since i performed maintenance on my PC so i did it last night.
Fresh install of windows xp pro, English version in a clean, freshly-formatted HD.
I messed up a bit with regedit, got the Administrator account visible in the login screen, logged in as admin, installed every update and then the game.
I don't know if it's the English version of windows instead of the Greek one i was using, or the fact that i changed the privileges in the LOTRO files, but everything worked.
UI skins, plugins, everything.
So, after this i can only assume that either the Greek edition causes problems with LUA and UI skins, or it's windows XP Home edition and the privileges, that mess up with the .tga files.
I'm glad i got it to work and i hope NektariosZ will read this and try the same method!
You guys helped a lot by explaining to me how LUA works.
Thanks again!

aimeusdietger 06-30-2017 03:43 AM

I encountered an almost similar problem with my themes but when i tried a different one it worked. When i tried installing the initial theme i wanted i had to use the FAQs guide on the site.

listen | https://www.guidomaggi.com/us/men/boots/ | useful scarpe con rialzo uomo link

minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore

Silverangel 07-16-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimeusdietger (Post 11965)
I encountered an almost similar problem with my themes but when i tried a different one it worked. When i tried installing the initial theme i wanted i had to use the FAQs guide on the site.

The missing image, showing as grey with a grid in the game, is a path problem to the image.

So if the UI is showing up as an option in game, then the game is finding the SkinDefinition.xml file. If you see grey blocks after selecting that ui theme, then some or all images are missing. Some of these interfaces are very outdated, and some of those grey blocks might be due to outdated re-definitions over time. The best you can do is open the SkinDefinition.xml file in a text editor and ensure that every definition line is going to an image with the correct relative folder path.

For example, for the below SkinDefinition.xml line, the image "accomplishment_book_background.tg" should be simply in the same main ui theme folder as the SkinDefinition file.

<Mapping ArtAssetID="accomplishment_book_background" FileName="accomplishment_book_background.tga"></Mapping>

In this definition, a sub-folder is added to the path, so the same image must be found in the "deedlog" folder inside the ui theme folder. If it isn't, you need to fix the path to the image, or delete the line from the SkinDefinition.xml file to make the grey blocks go away.

<Mapping ArtAssetID="accomplishment_book_background" FileName="deedlog/accomplishment_book_background.tga"></Mapping>

RussellJones 08-16-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverangel (Post 11969)
So if the UI is showing up cette revue de phenq as an option in game, then the game is finding the SkinDefinition.xml file. If you see grey blocks after selecting that ui theme, then some or all images are missing. Some of these chose interfaces are very outdated, and some of those grey blocks might be due to outdated re-definitions over time. The best you can do is open the SkinDefinition.xml file in a text editor and ensure that every definition line is going to an image with the correct relative folder path.

Thanks for the tip. I was facing the same problem. It took some time, but I was able to edit the SkinDefinition.xml file in a text editor and now there are no grey boxes.