LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   XML modification help (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Quickslot arrows adjustment (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1899)

liftedplane 10-25-2012 04:57 AM

Quickslot arrows adjustment

I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I'm attempting to get the quickslot arrows to be horizontal instead of vertical as I have been working on something that will look exceptionally awesome if it's horizontal.

I've been trying to get it to work here's the code I have.

Code:

<Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page"                                                                X="664"        Y="228"        Width="80"                Height="26"        />
                                <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page"                                                        X="-5"                Y="0"                Width="86"                Height="26">
                                        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Up"                                                        X="0"                Y="0"                Width="20"                Height="17"        />
                                        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Down"                                                        X="0"                Y="10"                Width="20"                Height="16"        />
                                        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Indicator"                                                X="0"                Y="20"                Width="20"                Height="25"        />
                                        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Icon"                                                        X="0"                Y="30"                Width="26"                Height="26"        />
                                </Element>

problem is it's three in the morning and I've been at this for about 6 hours... this is the very last thing to be completed before I can release DaimonUI purple (sorry no mini or blue version/ universal yet, once I'm done with this the code will work for the blue version, just have to redo some art that I added to make it match the blue)

Either way, I figured I'd see if any of you could help me with this. I'll be back at it after work tomorrow night.

Delone 10-25-2012 06:53 PM

Do you mean something like this?

If so, mapping, zip of rotated arrows and code I used is below.
Don't know exactly what it is, but simply moving some of the element positions into certain areas completely stops your skin from loading. I found once I had a working layout, could then reposition the entire thing with the x and y tags in the line of the first "Element ID"

Code:

<Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" X="1300" Y="155" Width="85" Height="64">
      <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" X="-5" Y="0" Width="81" Height="64">
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Up" X="8" Y="13" Width="20" Height="20"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Down" X="51" Y="13" Width="20" Height="20"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Indicator" X="28" Y="11" Width="10" Height="25"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Icon" X="24" Y="11" Width="26" Height="26"> </Element>
      </Element>
    </Element>

Code:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowDown" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowRight.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowDown_Roll" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowRight_Roll.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowDown_Press" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowRight_Press.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowUp" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowLeft.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowUp_Roll" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowLeft_Roll.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowUp_Press" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowLeft_Press.tga"></Mapping>

Zip file of rotated arrow images: http://goo.gl/RYOSf

liftedplane 10-25-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delone (Post 8309)
Do you mean something like this?

If so, mapping, zip of rotated arrows and code I used is below.
Don't know exactly what it is, but simply moving some of the element positions into certain areas completely stops your skin from loading. I found once I had a working layout, could then reposition the entire thing with the x and y tags in the line of the first "Element ID"

Code:

<Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" X="1300" Y="155" Width="85" Height="64">
      <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" X="-5" Y="0" Width="81" Height="64">
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Up" X="8" Y="13" Width="20" Height="20"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Down" X="51" Y="13" Width="20" Height="20"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Indicator" X="28" Y="11" Width="10" Height="25"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Icon" X="24" Y="11" Width="26" Height="26"> </Element>
      </Element>
    </Element>

Code:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowDown" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowRight.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowDown_Roll" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowRight_Roll.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowDown_Press" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowRight_Press.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowUp" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowLeft.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowUp_Roll" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowLeft_Roll.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowUp_Press" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowLeft_Press.tga"></Mapping>

Zip file of rotated arrow images: http://goo.gl/RYOSf

Thank you that's awesome

Delone 10-25-2012 08:13 PM

Edited original image to include second layout example, the one that I'm actually using myself.
Thought I'd include it here for anyone who wanted a layout that fits better with other toolbar buttons (change x and y co-ordinates in first line to reposition within toolbar).

May need to refresh page to get edited image if you've recently viewed the original image.

Code:

<Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" X="1340" Y="155" Width="25" Height="64">
      <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" X="-5" Y="0" Width="31" Height="64">
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Up" X="8" Y="12" Width="20" Height="17"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Down" X="8" Y="23" Width="20" Height="16"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Indicator" X="2507" Y="16" Width="10" Height="25"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Icon" X="2503" Y="16" Width="26" Height="26"> </Element>
      </Element>
    </Element>

liftedplane 10-26-2012 03:52 AM

awesome thanks for the help, I was definitely too tired and after looking at it again today I figured out where I was messing it up and viola.... finished.

you guys are great