LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Beta Interfaces (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Black Glass (W.I.P) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517)

Brygard2007 01-26-2008 08:57 AM

Black Glass (W.I.P)

Ok since for long time I been wanted a glass glossy looking UI for difrent games like EQ2 DDO Etc and then for LOTRO.thinking it may not be possible intill I saw
Enfield Dark Glass.wich is cool UI btw.So i was inspired to do UI of my own.
I never ever done something like this before.Closes thing I used of paint program is M$ paint thats comes with windows xp and use ACDsee to cut and paste but thats it.So I started to look a free program to make my UI.I found paint.net at

http://www.getpaint.net

This program is what I used with thier plug ins.
Btw Paint.net is free to use and its supported by donation.
Here a screenshot of my black glass version.Im still heavly working on it.Goshh man somany UI pics to repaint.I can see why Authors only release of couple UI every so often,it is very time consuming.
My wish is to do all the ui except the arrow icons deed arrow heads and some misc.I have no Idea when I be finish.Just startd a day later from Enfield UI release.Laters.

Cleitanious 01-26-2008 08:06 PM

Lookin good.

Brygard2007 01-26-2008 09:13 PM

W.I.P Update #2.
Thanks Cleitanious.
Heres new screenshot my UI.I think its looking better.I finally was able to align the tabs together.

wavecutter 01-29-2008 02:56 PM

looks awesome.

Brygard2007 01-29-2008 07:28 PM

W.I.p Update #3
Thanks.I redid some UI for easier on the eyes,last time it was to bright white.
Now its darker and now using red highlights instead of blue cause I couldnt tell when I had something selected.With red is easy to see.Plus wanted to give little bit of wowish on the red.
Heres another pic now did the traits and items vendors.

Cleitanious 01-29-2008 08:30 PM

After you are done this coud you make a full WoW-Ish UI with the little Gryphons and all? :)

Also when you make this, please make a bottom left corner version! :p

Brygard2007 01-29-2008 09:20 PM

I dont know if I can.This my first time makeing any kind of UI.Maybe later after Im finish with this one or later update it.For now just doing this basically to learn.Once Im more familar with the UI I will try.:)

P.S I played WOW 1 time for a month and that was 1 year ago.So I dont remeber the UI well.Maybe I look into it on some pics at later date.

Brygard2007 01-30-2008 05:51 AM

W.I.P Update#4
It seems Im almost finish.Im still looking to see theres no mistake like on the screenshot below.I havent found the image for destiny selection box yet.Im still need to fix the tracking for hunter,the boxes are outside area I need to make them smaller.After that I want to edit the main toolbar one version with bag slots and other version with nothing but icon toolbar and xp bar.After all this
then i need to learned the xml thingie I have no clue so I need to read some guides for it.Once I have all this, I will be finish for testing on beta section.I wonder if I can upload my UI here.Do have to sign up for it? If so where?Thanks.

Kirsche 01-30-2008 08:16 AM

That looks really nice! Once you release it I may need to tinker with it a bit. I agree that the red highlights are easier to see than the blue, but (like you said) it reminds me too much of WoW...so I'd probably change them for myself. :p

Brygard2007 02-01-2008 03:43 PM

W.I.P Update #5
I'm nearly finish,ok Im finish with the main UI which it did turn out like wowish glass.So at the moment I'm recoloring the red part.The release main UI will have purple hue like turbine logo.The red high lights will be included for people that want wowish feel.First pic is completed UI with red highlights,second pic is with the new color still working on it.I already narrow down and deleted unacessasy files and fiddle with the xml and have all pics in thier own folders instead in the main folder.Everything seems to work well.The only thing I havent tried is with fellowship and raid hopefully wont get a missing image cause Im such a noob.:p
Also I'm not going to mess with hope and dread image and vitals and some other misc,this is my wish list to do.Laters...

Brygard2007 02-03-2008 04:48 PM

The UI is finished and released.Its called Black glass mix.
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...kGlassMix.html

Kirsche 02-06-2008 03:51 PM

Nice!! I was happy to see that you included a few different color variations, because it saved me from having to do it myself. I did tinker with a few things because that's my nature, and I really like using this.

Thanks for the release! :p

Brygard2007 02-06-2008 06:13 PM

Thanks for the comment.At the moment I'm working on the same base UI with diffrent feel for people that like neon style.Heres a pic.

Kirsche 02-07-2008 08:30 AM

Holy cow that's bright! I think that would drive me nuts. :p

The main things I changed were the window borders and the cast bar. I made the window borders use the im list border (with a darker background) rather than the default UI look, and I just toned down the white glow/gloss on the castbar a bit (just darkened the alpha). I'm also using a different unread overlay for chat/ims and a customized version of ArenUI's vitals.

Cleitanious 02-07-2008 06:54 PM

For the Dark Glass Mix can you make a "low sheen" version?

Brygard2007 02-07-2008 09:27 PM

For the Black glass mix I will try to make a low sheen version and with less white for the bottom part.For the moment I will pospone the neon.
Also wanted to let yall know that I use LCD monitor Acer p221w
http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors...8.html?tag=sub
with nvidia card with Digital brigtness around 30%.All the UI that I will make or be makeing will be recommended for LCD.I dont have crt monitor so some colors may look diffrent and the brightness.it all depends the settings of your monitor.some colors may look washed out or darker but I try to get a good color for both crt and lcd much as possible.If you have a monitor with xbrite version,those monitor display
high contrast colors like if had digital brightness around 60%.
Laters...

Brygard2007 02-07-2008 10:17 PM

Before I start remaking the Black Glass Mix for low sheen version.Cleitanious Im going to post a screenshot of the different opacity levels(sheen) to choose from
and let me know which levels you want.I didn't post level 70 cause that what the UI use.laters..

Cleitanious 02-08-2008 09:27 AM

How about 40? They all look nice though. :)

Brygard2007 02-08-2008 12:19 PM

Ok will do.:) i just noticed your post while I was messing around the UI .Also I'm remaking the borders slimmer to look cleaner feel.Currently it looks lot better.Pic will posted below.Wanted to ask about the highlights for the example of the blue thats on the pic below do you want the blue glow reach to the sheen( at the middle of the box) or higher over the sheen abit like the old version or the one in the pic at tab House?..

Cleitanious 02-08-2008 02:11 PM

I like the new version where the glow is only at the bottom, it makes it all easier to read. :)

The borders and corners need, something, I dont know what. Just something. :p

Brygard2007 02-08-2008 02:24 PM

Do you mean all general borders? tabs? or where the silver adorns were before?

Cleitanious 02-08-2008 02:26 PM

I like the new version where the glow is only at the bottom, it makes it all easier to read. :)

The borders and corners need, something, I dont know what. Just something. :p

Brygard2007 02-08-2008 02:29 PM

Double post hehe..

Brygard2007 02-08-2008 03:51 PM

Hmmm. Alright see if this do for main UI borders.Also wanted to say that I'm using the same tga (box_silver_lower_right_noadorn, etc) from the bags for the main UI, that way I can delete the other 4 tga the ones that have silver adorns at corners to make the UI file size smaller.

Kirsche 02-08-2008 04:01 PM

I like the thinner borders, reduced sheen, and the new tabs. I don't think the corners of the panels need adornments, but perhaps you could round the corners a little (to match the title bars) rather than keeping them square. Also, the interior of all the corner images in that screenshot look wrong to me. They're either too dark, or the images are flipped the wrong way, or something...

Brygard2007 02-08-2008 04:26 PM

Good eye's.I had to turn my brightness up and zoom in, now I can see the miss alignments.Looks like I cut too much im going to relook the Default UI art again.Yeah about the corners,I will make them like the tabs-chats for the main UI.

Brygard2007 02-08-2008 05:35 PM

Ok, looks like I got it correctly(Hopeing);).I did cut too much some of the sides so I
went and re-edit the UI default pak.I had to cut 5 lines of white to make it fit around the Postage coin.Also edit the corners check it out and let me know what ya'll think.I post a pic of the default UI and compare with my UI.
Note:
On the main panel character sheet etc,on the left side it has more space then
on the right side.Thats how the UI is.
Also at the corners,thats how I made it darker to give it style overlaping.If no one like it this way I can try blend in the corners with the rest of the borders.

Brygard2007 02-08-2008 08:50 PM

i just re install Roheryn client to check to see my UI will work.Most of it worked except progress bar,traits,bio page etc.Argg....But the main UI works fine for book 12 patch for wensday.So im going to work on the ones that works.wonder they be new UI art pak for book 12.Laters......

Cleitanious 02-09-2008 11:34 AM

Looks even better then ever now :)

Brygard2007 02-09-2008 09:58 PM

Im basically now finish,Im just going over some pics and tweaking cosmetics.
After Im through with that and make sure everything looks nice,then I will start
hueing the colors.This the blue version,probably be finish soon maybe under 8 hours or so.

P.S Thanks for the comments and Ideas.

Enfield 02-10-2008 01:54 AM

Very nice, Brygard! I almost feel like I'm duplicating effort with my UI.

Brygard2007 02-10-2008 02:51 AM

Thanks for comment.Both our UI's do look similar.But you made your's first then me.When I first used your UI when you released it I was inspired to make one with a glass feel.First attempt was a pratice and to get to know the paint program and better myself.
But then I wanted a cleaner feel and couple days I noticed my media player 11 at the top part where the tabs are.And I wanted to mimic it cause looks glassy to me with blue and white glow.
But yours has a better sheen and more professional look.:cool:

Cleitanious 02-10-2008 08:21 AM

Newest version looks bangin'! :)

I have one last request though :p

Could you make a version where the Autoattack button, and then the main action bar are in the botton left hand corner, and without any of the other menu buttons. Kinda like my UI here : http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/full314.jpg

I only ask because I really dont know any XML myself and only was able to make it work for my UI by hacking the bits from other UIs and it's still kinda crappy. :p

Brygard2007 02-10-2008 09:12 AM

While I was uploading my new version 1.1 UI,I saw your post.Yes that is my wish list to do.Im new to xml too.There is one UI that I know that works like you describing and thats the awsome Deewe's UI:Yessh.
I will have to look at her/him xml code and fiddle with it.
But yeah thats what I want to do.
Hopefully I can do it.:):D

Pic of new Black Glass Mix V 1.1 is uploaded and ready to download.

Cleitanious 02-10-2008 10:45 AM

Looks beautiful