LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Help (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Redefining the wrong art asset or XML file problem? (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1994)

AdalricLotro 03-14-2013 11:35 PM

Redefining the wrong art asset or XML file problem?

2 Attachment(s)
With the new art asset pack, I've been working on fixing my UI Skin. If you look at the picture, you will notice that the panel has a white border along the top. Unless I'm mistaken, I've identified the art asset as box_silver_upper_light. The problem I'm having is that I've remapped that asset to my own file, but when I log in it doesn't look like its being remapped. I've included the complete skin definition file.

1. Am I trying to redefine the correct art asset?

2. If so, then what am I doing wrong in the skin definition file?

One thing I did try was to link a non-existent file to see if I would get the missing art graphic (the white lines on a grey background). No success there, still got the white border.

Adra 03-15-2013 05:00 AM

Hi,

the fix for the panels is very simple :)

There are some new borders introduced, with "_min' at the end of their name.
Just link them to their "twin brothers" border files which have the same name without the "_min" at the end.
Of course don't delete the old ones, they are still used.

Code:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_bottom_left_noadorn_min"        FileName=""box_silver_bottom_left_noadorn.tga" />
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_bottom_min"                            FileName="box_silver_bottom.tga" />
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_lower_right_noadorn_min"        FileName="box_silver_lower_right_noadorn.tga" />
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_side_left_min"                            etc...
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_side_right_min"                               
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper_left_noadorn_min"               
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper_min"                                       
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper_right_noadorn_min"

and link these two files to a blank file (transparent) :

Code:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="base_box_center_silver_gradient"                       
<Mapping ArtAssetID="mithril_popup_box_bg_wide"

I did not found the new stable master panel background picture, if someone got it, I'd be glad to know which filename it is :)

AdalricLotro 03-15-2013 02:39 PM

Adra,

I did what you suggested, but I still have the same problem.

Silverangel 03-16-2013 02:18 AM

The top line in your image seems to be in the same position as box_silver_upper.tga in my interface, but I don't find that file in the official skindef or files. It's very probably my error since I'm not good with removing unused files, but it seems to be displaying anyway. :o I don't know what to make of it. I only mention it in case you're desperate. Good luck. The line in my skindef:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper" FileName="boxes/box_upper.tga"></Mapping>

Adra 03-16-2013 07:22 AM

oops I answered beside the question, I read too fast and thought it was the same than in the previous post ^^

I confirm it is box_silver_upper.tga or box_silver_upper_min.tga

don't forget to close and restart lotro to see ingame the changes made in the skindefinition file.

AdalricLotro 03-16-2013 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I can confirm that it is box_silver_upper.tga, and not box_silver_upper_min.tga.

One final thing (hopefully), does box_silver_side_right.tga, box_silver_side_right_light.tga, or box_silver_side_right_min.tga have any effect on the vault panel? Specifically the border area where the chest tabs connect to the side of the panel (see image for clarification.)?

Adra 03-16-2013 08:59 PM

No, this is the tab design itself.

AdalricLotro 03-17-2013 12:02 AM

I figured out how to fix that problem, mapped vault_ui_tab to my own vault_ui_tab.tga file.

Many, many thanks to everyone for your help it is greatly appreciated.