LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So dead around here! (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938)

NewYears1978 06-11-2010 10:56 PM

So dead around here!

It's always so empty and quiet here..shame that LotRO doesn't have as many followers and users as WoW (though I wouldn't trade the maturity levels of WoW over LotRO)

Anyways..just wondering where everyone is! Give a shout out..!

LittleWhiteDove 06-11-2010 11:17 PM

Check in every day but I know what you mean about it being empty.:(

NewYears1978 06-11-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleWhiteDove (Post 4187)
Check in every day but I know what you mean about it being empty.:(

It's sad..I'm new to the game but didn't know it would be this dead..then again I guess the official forums might be busier :)

Still I like this place and love skinning..though it would be more popular :(

Brygard2007 06-11-2010 11:55 PM

Still around and waiting for new skin definition file and pack for missing art.

That's all I can say.

NewYears1978 06-11-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brygard2007 (Post 4189)
Still around and waiting for new skin definition file and pack for missing art.

That's all I can say.

Has it been a long time since the latest pack?

Is there a lack of updates due to them working on this new Free to Play thing instead of putting things out for players? If so that is discouraging since I just got into the game :\

MrJackdaw 06-12-2010 02:18 AM

*Signing in*

I was as surprised as you about the lack of skinning but...

...to be honest there aren't that many skins for WoW either - a lot of custom UI's using other peoples addons;
  • Dominos or somesuch to move the bars and hide art
  • Buffalo or somesuch to move/change the buffs

The rest of wow ui's is things like clique and threat meters - things that cannot be done in lotro.

To move things in this game it is a keypress - no need for skinning - so there is only really the toolbar and unit frames that need massive attention. Given that what we can do with these things is *relatively* limited I think that is why there isn't as much around.

But what *is* around is of amazing quality!

NewYears1978 06-12-2010 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJackdaw (Post 4192)
*Signing in*

I was as surprised as you about the lack of skinning but...

...to be honest there aren't that many skins for WoW either - a lot of custom UI's using other peoples addons;
  • Dominos or somesuch to move the bars and hide art
  • Buffalo or somesuch to move/change the buffs

The rest of wow ui's is things like clique and threat meters - things that cannot be done in lotro.

To move things in this game it is a keypress - no need for skinning - so there is only really the toolbar and unit frames that need massive attention. Given that what we can do with these things is *relatively* limited I think that is why there isn't as much around.

But what *is* around is of amazing quality!

Some good and valid points.. =) Plus most people don't waste there time messing with graphics when they could be playing..eh he..like me..havn't played in a week because I have been working on my UI...hehe :)

daimon 06-12-2010 04:01 AM

yeah Lotro isn't quite WoW, but I can't say my server is dead either, lots of stuff going on there - proof of that is like the event some of my kinnies did last week, around 200 people showed up in there. But at Lotrointerface .. there hasn't been a huge activity here for a long time, if ever. Most of the people visiting this site never have registered here (just click n grabbing ;), as you can see there's always around 50 unregistered people online here, but only a few registered ones.

Turbine/CM forums are a lot more active, but 80% of the discussion there is trolling (sometimes I wonder the maturity of the community, but then again I have no complaints of my beloved Laurelin EN-RP server) and flaming.

Lotrointerface could use some more advertising, at least it would deserve more attention than it currently has imo. It struck me when I saw this thread in the US forums about skins etc. 16% of the people who voted on the poll didn't even know you can change skins in Lotro. And I bet a huge amount of those people who answered they are using the default skin haven't ever even bothered trying out a custom skin, or know how to.

unclecid 06-12-2010 11:42 AM

there was a lot of activity pre-MOM.

post MoM too for a bit until folks realized some of the popular ui skins were not gonna be updated for MoM.

and even less have been updated for SoM.

at one time i was using a different ui skin for each active toon(~12-14 depending on my mood) leaving the default one for mules...

now its down to 3 becuase most all my favs have not been updated for current ui.

so i would say that is also a reason for lack of traffic.

look at the top fav list....5 of them have not been updated in 2 or 3 years!!!!

:(

Cairenn 06-12-2010 03:51 PM

It is kinda sad, indeed. Hoping that maybe the F2P will liven the game up, in turn livening up the site. Time will tell.