View Single Post
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:51 PM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhmitchell23
I may be missing things but have searched:
  1. Play simple sounds, short mp3s for alerts (like ring tones)
  2. Dynamically draw graphics w/ fills and gradients
  3. Dynamically set alpha of background (using as overlay w/ blend mode overlay)
  4. Get useful information in event args (at least MoraleChanged has nothing in its payload)
  5. GetFellowship : List<Player>
  6. Get lat/long of players
  7. Get Player quest list (preferably w/ filtering by completed, epic/racial/class, level, dateAcquired, dateCompleted...)
  8. Get vector like target tracker to any player, npc, or monster in scene (for example, to keep track of orientation to healer...)
  9. Send/receive data packet to Player (and if a plugin is running on their system, ability to receive packet). (e.g., share wish list, get inventory (voluntary), share quest list)
- playing sounds would be cool to have for addons like gtfo for wow

- i dont think turbine would ever open the draw functions of the engine or dx draw to script .

- events serve as intended from what i have seen. morale changed as you used for an example, is useful to you as a programmer to not have to write a check on morale value every half a sec etc. thats why its there. just store values in a class , global var etc then do your functions from there. extra info would always be nice but isnt needed.

- you can get info and party list as of roi, there is a thread here showing how to use this new api function.

- send packet just wont ever happen it opens up to many exploit possibilities,but sending a single whisper to a player to share locations would be nice ( kindof like wow has)

- player location would be nice for the local player , but opening the door to let plugins to get location in game x,y of mobs and other players would open the door to a much easier way of botting which no mmo wants to do.

----------------------

with that said, the main thing i think most lua ui programmers would like access to is the target info.

one thing i would agree on that i would like to see is local player location and quest list, even if its a general list we could grab and parse info ourselves. same with craft recipes that the player has.

so my list as far as what i would like to see added would be,

target info

ability to send a whisper / message to a player on your friends list to share addon info

player loc