View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:54 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1R4D3L
Is it that bad then? I haven't had any crashes myself...heard grumblings, but wasn't sure how isolated it was.

Well, from the symptoms you're describing, it sounds like we're talking about save file corruption - as in crashing mid-write. The second plugin to write the files without the delay wouldn't really solve that problem.

Seems like the only real solution for that is to do something like what Garan does in Alt Inventory - save multiple (at least two) rotated snapshots of the data. That way, if the current one becomes corrupted, at least you don't lose everything. I'll probably do that...though if I do, I may just implement the second plugin at the same time.
The only solution i found after having 2 of those client crash (only related directly to Lotro.client crashing in any report) is that once everything is in place in layout and in the data.plugins, i just create a savefolder of everything that i put outside of the Lotro folder.

After a crash i simply replace the Lotro folders by this one. (i update once a week my savefolder to be sur it stays uptodate with all the changes i may have in my data.plugins)

At least i dont have to re create everything and put in place my layout again.