View Single Post
Unread 10-09-2010, 08:33 PM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairenn

Slander

Don't come here and slam/flame anyone/thing. For example, don't come here sounding off that Blizz sucks, EQ blows, mod_author_01 should DIAF, etc and so on. None of that. You want to post things like that, take it elsewhere, there are enough other boards that cater to that type of thing. This isn't FlameVault. See the expected behavior outlined in the "seven rings"[/i]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYears1978
It's always so empty and quiet here..shame that LotRO doesn't have as many followers and users as WoW (though I wouldn't trade the maturity levels of WoW over LotRO)

Anyways..just wondering where everyone is! Give a shout out..!
This is the first of a few "maturity" slams.

Being an avid WoW(currently in Cata beta) & LotRO(since beta & a founder) player i am surprised & somewhat disappointed to see a post slamming WoW players, with responding posts from authors, a "Super Moderator" & an admin(who wrote the rules for this site). Formal complaint!

I currently use 114 mods, none of which i wrote(I'm not as talented as some), for WoW. Most are informational or graphical. No i don't use a Dps meter, as long as the job gets done i don't care who does the most dps or who gets the killing blow. I do use inventory, bank, guild bank, bag, mail, chat, item stat comparison, party & raid frame mods as well as a host of others. As 1 person said WoW doesn't have the capabilities for moving elements that LotRO does, its all done through mods.
I do use a threat meter. I don't see the problem when I'm tanking a boss to know that I have the aggro or if I'm losing it to my healer or 1 of the dps. If my healer starts to draw aggro from me i want to know about it. As well as if I'm the healer i want to know who has or is drawing or if I'm drawing aggro from the tank.
I also use Clique(specifically mentioned) with my Holy Priest. It makes healing easier to just put my mouse over a target hold a modifier(alt,ctrl,shift) & click cast the heals on that target, and with characters that can give group/raid buffs. The hardest part of Clique is remembering which modifier to hold & which mouse button to click. It DOES NOT tell me what to cast & when to cast it, you still have to pay attn. to who is taking damage & cast accordingly or do what is necessary to get & keep or bring back aggro.
I hope I have proven the "maturity" levels of some(granted not all) WoW players here. Maybe some of the more "mature" LotRO players should try WoW & find out what its like for themselves. If anyone is interested pm me & ill give you my main char names & server name just to help you out while your getting started. This IS NOT a shameless WoW plug, its to try to help other players expand their horizons(given my apparent maturity level) as a WoW player as well.
As far as I'm concerned both games could learn from each other!(hows that for "maturity")
I do expect this post to be heavily modified or completely removed by 1 of the moderators or admins, hopefully not, but it is expected.

2 footnotes:
1-thanks daimon for a great ui. I use it exclusively.
2-I got the link for this site from wowinterface, which is where i get about 90% of the WoW mods that i use.