View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2010, 03:23 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugrax
This is the first of a few "maturity" slams.
I do use a threat meter. I don't see the problem when I'm tanking a boss to know that I have the aggro or if I'm losing it to my healer or 1 of the dps. If my healer starts to draw aggro from me i want to know about it. As well as if I'm the healer i want to know who has or is drawing or if I'm drawing aggro from the tank.
Heh just wanted to snipe a comment about this. Personally I wouldn't want a threat meter as a tank. Sure, it would be nice to know your exact threat because then you can supposedly perform more effectively. However, that's one of the things that turns a game into a game of numbers and meters. What is threat anyway? It doesn't sound like it's an exact number, but a state of mind of the thing you are fighting. Are you supposed to know exactly what it's thinking? Ok, maybe I took it too far . But anyway, in my opinion a good tank should be able to estimate his threat versus the threat of his group. A lot of this comes from experience and knowing your skills. And that separates a good tank from a bad tank. So I'd like to keep threat management as an unsure art.

(Of course, I do understand that even with a threat meter there's some still things left for a good tank to shine in.)

-Chiran