View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2021, 06:34 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurallor
I think you can use these other undocumented tags, too.

I wouldn't worry too much about memory inefficiency, when your average user has several GB of RAM to spare.
Those are always enabled (not enabled by SetMarkupEnabled). The item examination tags will allow the user to get a popup tooltip when they click the text but not on hover. The character tag (<Select:IID> tag) provides a popup menu on right click. I haven't tried the map note, npc query or quest ref tags either - no idea how you would figure out IDs for them since the lorebook is long gone.

The ExamineItemInstance tag requires encoded data which is a royal pain to encode properly and is of little use
The Examine tag however, uses regular game item IDs and is very useful. The first id is a unique identifier for a stack that is actually in inventory (and will show the correct quantity in the tooltip when clicked), the second is a generic identifier for a generic single representation of the item.
ex:
<Examine:IIDDID:0x030A0007F6CAFC3A:0x70033CA6>Poti ons</Examine> is for a stack of universal morale potions in Garan's inventory; will only work on Landroval because unique ids are server specific
<Examine:IIDDID:0:0x70033CA6>some item</Examine> is for a generic universal morale potion, will work on any server because generic ids are, well, generic.
<Select:IID:0x020A000000041D3A>Garan<\Select> is a character select tag for.... Garan (on Landroval)
Lunarwater experimented quite a bit with these tags and Lotro Compendium (not to be confused with Plugin Compendium) uses some of them

Last edited by Garan : 03-08-2021 at 10:03 AM.