View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:00 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder
The problem with this is that since U6, many people are experiencing game crashes while playing and upon exiting the game using the regular exit functions, myself included. I've lost data such as layouts and skin selections, plugin icon position, character stats &/or options in some plugins, etc. Nothing major but it is aggravating at times.
Is it that bad then? I haven't had any crashes myself...heard grumblings, but wasn't sure how isolated it was.

Well, from the symptoms you're describing, it sounds like we're talking about save file corruption - as in crashing mid-write. The second plugin to write the files without the delay wouldn't really solve that problem.

Seems like the only real solution for that is to do something like what Garan does in Alt Inventory - save multiple (at least two) rotated snapshots of the data. That way, if the current one becomes corrupted, at least you don't lose everything. I'll probably do that...though if I do, I may just implement the second plugin at the same time.