View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2010, 11:54 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearTonic
I keep meaning to start a group like this, but many things are standing in my way. Work, which is WAY crazyier than normal, and it's normally crazy. Family and kids, 3 kids under three... it's hard! And lastly, my existing plugin. Been working like crazy to get new features out... because, I want to use them on my own characters!

Once a few of these settle down, I'm hoping to do exactly that. Start up a developer group to focus on UI items that Turbine doesn't support, a higher level API bascially that we (and others) can leverage as we move forward... but time is limited and I have to focus on what I have going at the moment... otherwise I can't put the proper time in on it.

Tonic
Well, one thing I was playing around with at one time was the idea of a drawing API. Y'know...simple shapes, curves etc. Unfortunately, the only thing that can be used for a pixel is a Window/Control - and that puts out way too much overhead in order to be effective.

For instance, when working on a LotRO style color picker, my first attempt was to just "create" the gradient using 1px windows - it worked, but the client literally hung until it was done. That's when I just decided to use a backgroundImage lol

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros