View Single Post
Unread 02-21-2008, 07:55 PM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee
...isnt alpha channel only in (PSD), PDF (Photoshop 6.0 only), PICT, TIFF, and RAW format not in tga?
Nope it's in tga's as well. It was the secret to allow me to make a square portrait. First I tried to just add the "base box" border artwork from Brygard2007's Black Glass Mix skin to my player_vitals_backdrop like so:

But it would still show up ingame as the same old shape (rounded):

Then I discovered the alpha channel. Lets take another look at the player_vitals_backdrop file, but just the alpha channel:

Ah-Ha! The alpha channel is like a stencil! So I edited my alpha channel for the shape I wanted:

Which gave me this ingame:

I also noticed these parts in the skin dictionary that might also need editing to effect the size of the vitals:

Code:
<PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_VitalFieldBase">
  <Element ID="MicroVitalFieldBase_ReverseFill" X="299" Y="27" Width="101" Height="15">
    <Element ID="VitalHealthField" X="0" Y="0" Width="99" Height="12"></Element>
    <Element ID="VitalPowerField" X="0" Y="7" Width="99" Height="6"></Element>
  </Element>
  <Element ID="VitalFieldBase" X="292" Y="60" Width="170" Height="64">
    <Element ID="VitalHealthField [ CODE ]" X="52" Y="25" Width="99" Height="12"></Element>
    <Element ID="VitalPowerField [ CODE ]" X="51" Y="32" Width="99" Height="6"></Element>
    <Element ID="VitalHealthFieldBg" X="0" Y="4" Width="200" Height="59"></Element>
  </Element>
</PanelFile>
Code:
<PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_VitalHealthFieldBase">
  <Element ID="VitalHealthFieldBase" X="293" Y="164" Width="99" Height="12">
    <Element ID="VitalHealthBackground" X="0" Y="0" Width="99" Height="12"></Element>
    <Element ID="VitalHealthParentField" X="0" Y="0" Width="99" Height="12">
      <Element ID="VitalCurrentHealthField" X="0" Y="0" Width="99" Height="12">
        <Element ID="VitalCurrentHealthMeter" X="0" Y="0" Width="99" Height="12"></Element>
      </Element>
      <Element ID="VitalCurrentDreadField" X="0" Y="0" Width="99" Height="12">
        <Element ID="VitalCurrentDreadMeter" X="0" Y="0" Width="99" Height="12"></Element>
      </Element>
      <Element ID="VitalCurrentHealthText" X="0" Y="-2" Width="99" Height="10"></Element>
    </Element>
  </Element>
</PanelFile>
Code:
<PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_VitalPowerFieldBase">
  <Element ID="VitalPowerFieldBase" X="292" Y="182" Width="99" Height="6">
    <Element ID="VitalPowerBackground" X="0" Y="0" Width="99" Height="6"></Element>
    <Element ID="VitalCurrentPowerMeter" X="0" Y="0" Width="99" Height="6"></Element>
    <Element ID="CurrentPowerText" X="0" Y="-2" Width="99" Height="10"></Element>
  </Element>
</PanelFile>
So I bet there's a few spots in the skins def where you need to change the values, then I think you need to edit your alpha channel to show those changes. Hope this helps