View Single Post
Unread 03-27-2012, 04:18 AM
The Undying

All-in-one Plugin Icon Window

I've had this idea floating around in my brain for some time now but I just can't seem to find enough time to learn Lua to the point where I could give it a shot...

It really annoys me that when I'm arranging a UI and adding plugins, all of the plugin icons (when they're minimized) tend to be all over the place. There is no set standard for where the icons first appear, some plugins don't have any at all, a few occasionally don't want to stay where they belong, and when they are finally set, they just don't appear to be neat and orderly. Some are different sizes even. I'm an altoholic, a completionist, and a perfectionist (and hard as hell to live with I guess) and each one of my characters uses a set of plugins ranging from as few as 5 or 6 to as many as 10 to 12, and I'm always trying out new ones and old ones to see if they add anything to the game.

To make a long story short (well, I guess that's too late ) I was thinking of trying to make a Plugin's-Icon Panel Plugin (PPP, P-Cubed, PIPP? ) that would hold every loaded plugin's icon and have a few extra generic, selectable ones for those plugins that don't have an icon. To take it a step further, the panel would detect a loaded plugin and automatically place it's icon within the panel (an options menu would include an ignore option for any plugin that you would want to keep somewhere else - like keeping the MoorMap icons near the ingame radar), but if that's not possible, at least manually adding them would be a huge step in the right direction (and once added, the icon would 'stick' to that panel unless unloaded, manually removed, or ignored in the options). Ideally, the panel would be resizable, be able to be minimized to it's own icon, be skinable?, &/or be able to be added to a quickslot and then closed/hidden completely, and finally, each icon would have a small text field or a right-click menu to open a text box where a short description and command options could be displayed.

Would this be feasable? And if so, would any of you talented programmers consider putting it together? (I know most of you have nothing better to do so this would keep you busy at least. )