View Single Post
Unread 10-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Tools and UI Engineer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deewe
Hello Frosty,

I may sound pessimistic but I wonder why Trubine is putting emphasis on delivering housing asserts when there is much to do with the core UI.

The housing one won't be used as much as the main UI.

Even thx a lot for the input and the hard work.

On another note, any news on mouse look toggle in FPV?
At this point, the skinning system is in place, so adding new art assets (in housing for example) is a simple process that one engineer can do once per release (i.e. me.)

Every game has problems with the "core UI" as experienced to varying degrees by our players. Turbine is devoting resources to some of these issues (which I'm not going to go into what they are, etc. because I like my job at this point.) However, issues in the core UI affect not only LOTRO but to some degree our other games as well. Typically they're a lot more involved and "scary" to change now that we've launched. Changes of this magnitude often involve more than one developer for a significant amount of time.

I'm not sure that housing won't be used by a lot of players. It's hard to guess what's going to be a popular feature in the game.

In other news I don't know anything about the mouselook toggle in FPV. Have you asked on the main forum's User Interface board? That would be the best place to followup on actual gameplay issues.

Hope that sheds some light on the asset vs. implementation tradeoffs.
-P