View Single Post
Unread 03-07-2020, 07:37 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurallor
Interesting. I've never played WoW, and I've never seen that add-on. It has a lot of the same features of SequenceBars. (It also has an impressive array of other features, which I guess is what you get when the game has much better Lua support, and you have a whole team of authors/maintainers working on the plugin.)

But, it seems to have a fundamentally different purpose -- to display buffs and debuffs in a fancy/customized way -- rather than enable sequences of skills to be executed. (I only watched a couple of videos, though.)

What is the main functionality that you see as the commonality between WeakAuras and SequenceBars?
It is maybe not so much functionality, but the concept of a plugin that can be used for many different things, to some degree creating an easy to use toolkit for creating your own functionality.

An example would be the Sequencebar with warden travel skills I saw in one of your videos. It can replace TravelWindow to some degree, SequenceBars was not purpose-built for that functionality, but you can still achieve that because it is so universal/flexible.

Last edited by Hyoss : 03-08-2020 at 06:36 AM.