View Single Post
Unread 10-23-2023, 01:30 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Ah. I wasn't paying attention (responding to too many similar threads). @gjpc asked how I found the hex codes for the icons. That was using an unpublished version of IRV. It functions in a similar manner to the item and skill scanners, just that it scans for image resources by attempting to set a Control object's background (instead of a Shortcut). Any time the control can be set to a valid image, the image is added to one of two default libraries, New or New32 depending on size. New32 is used for potential 32x32 images - unfortunately, there are a large number of resources that still pass the SetBackground test but are not displayable images. Instead of generating an error, they just show a blank image (the grey and white hash) and report their size as 32x32. I have to manually scan the New32 images and move any valid images to another library and invalid images to the Wastebasket. By allowing a simple multi-select, the large groupings of invalid images can be eliminated fairly quickly. Moving images from the New library usually entails filtering them by size since things like compass tiles (200x200) and maps (1024x768, 800x600, 1600x1200, etc.) have standard sizes they are easy to move to their appropriate libraries. Other images are either identified as Textures or various library types by manual scan - enabling the stretch feature allows quickly filtering height maps because they show as blank when stretched. It's a very handy utility but the interface is pretty crappy because it's for personal use only and I haven't been very motivated to clean it up for public consumption so the updated version will likely never get published.