View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2021, 08:11 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurallor
Holy crap, what a mess. And of course not mentioned in the release notes. Why does SSG hate us?

Edit: I wonder if the same inconsistencies now exist in the number-to-string conversions (implicit, e.g. "a .. b"; and explicit, i.e. tostring()).
I believe the answer is yes. That is, for the test code:
Code:
a=1.5
return "test:"..a..":"..tostring(a)
the results were:
64-bit
EN= test:1.5:1.5
FR= test:1.5:1.5
DE= test:1.5:1.5

32-bit
EN= test:1.5:1.5
FR= test:1,5:1,5
DE= test:1,5:1,5

64-bit uses EN/US format for EN, DE and FR but 32-bit still uses euro format for DE/FR

I wouldn't say they hate us, but their attempt to help with the numeric format issue was just, well, slightly less than optimal Had they implemented it in both 32-bit and 64-bit, it would have been mildly painful but at least it would have been helpful moving forward. As it is, it sort of makes it worse. Hopefully they will eventually implement it in both clients AND announce it in the release notes so Lua authors have some idea it's happening... especially since when we asked for Lua fixes/updates we were told they had no plans for any Lua fixes/updates (per Severlin in his interview on Cordovan's stream). Hey, at least they didn't try to fix the item ID issue, imagine how much damage they could have done with that