View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2011, 10:57 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswered
Hello everybody,

since we are on the F2P, the addons have come to our favorite game. For those who play on europe, like me (I played a French version),we are expecting some isssues and so we canīt use them. Anyone know if Turbine or Codemaster have planned to resolve it ?

TY

BR
A number of addons not only work with the German and French clients but also have their interfaces translated for those clients. AltInventory works with both French and German clients with the limitation that Creep side classes and races will not display translated (I don't have access to the 'Moors on my EU client). MoorMap version 1.03 (available soon) will partially support French and German clients - the interface is translated and it supports the client version of the coordinates (both the comma for decimal place as well as the direction translations) but the default annotation names are not currently translated (the 'Moors annotations will have to wait for F2P access to the 'Moors to get translated) and while most of the maps automatically translate since they use built in resources, there are a few for which I have not yet found resource IDs so they are JPG files and not translated. I also periodically check the Codemaster's forums and while I can't read German very well (Google translate ftw ) and even my French is limited, I do try to respond to any issues that I can there.

There are a number of solutions to the decimal notation and special character values in saved files, some plugins natively support this, others require patching - the Codemaster's forums have several threads about this. There's a fair chance that if you apply the Vindar patch or other solution many plugins will work just fine with the French and German clients although their UIs won't translate unless the authors specifically go to the effort of providing that support.