lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-24-2011, 08:25 AM
The Wary

Help with custom quickslots

Hey!

Last night I did some first time ever experiementing with Lua and so far I've done a script that prints "Hello world" every 5 minutes (now how cool it that? ). Now I would want it to do an emote, but I'm struggling with the lack of help from LuaDocumentation, other plugins that does that same kind of a thing or anywhere else in the web. Do you have to use custom quickslots made with Lua, aliases or can you just enter /emote somewhere?

Question goes: is that kind of a system possible?

I found this comment from another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiran
I guess the only way to write to chat is to make quickslot, then set a command alias for it in Lua. The user has to click it himself though for the text to be pasted into chat.

-Chiran
So must you click the quickslot to make it fire or can you make the code fire the quickslot for you?

Last edited by aens : 03-24-2011 at 08:27 AM.