lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Interface Downloads Discussion > Pre-Beta Interfaces (L)

Unread 12-21-2008, 04:21 AM
The Undefeated

The Mines of Moria - User Interface (Preview)

Hello everyone,

after I started again with LotRo I decided to create a new interface. I thought about a topic, and decided to call the interface like the addon "Mines of Moria". I was always a fan of the official Website, and so I decided to create an interface based on graphics and arts from this site. I think it perfectly fits into the world of LotRo, and what can I say, it does!

Anyway, I just started (a week) ago, so it is early alpha, but some parts are allready up and running, like the minimap, vitals, or the bottom bar. Now I have to change all the small graphics, which needs much more time. At the moment I think a first downloadable version will be released mid january.

Later there'll be a version without bags and menu, but for now it'll be like this!

I won't fulfil any wishes from other people. It takes alot of time if you create a new interface, and every extra means even more time, and also it'll be harder to keep it updated. I hope you know what I am talking about.

Here I'll give you a small preview, nothing is 100% finished, changes are allways possible, but so far it looks good ingame.

Here we go:

Preview Minimap
Preview Vitals
Preview Skill Bar

Here you can see an ingame preview: Preview (attention: this is an early stage, there're a few mistakes here [like level not centered])

I hope you like it so far! More updates will come soon.

Take care,

Genesis

P.s.: Sorry if my written english isn't that perfect, it isn't my native language.

Unfortunately I cannot post it on the LotRo.com-forums as I am an EU User. :|

Last edited by Genesis : 12-21-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Unread 12-21-2008, 05:01 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to Supermax
Looks great! I'm very interested in following your process as you post updates. Creating a UI is a very time consuming process but I really think you should listen to what people want to see because in the end, they will be using it. More often than not it makes the skin better.

Now if I could make a suggestion: maybe take off the Mines of Moria logo. I think your toolbar would look way more slick without it.

Oh, and welcome back.
Unread 12-21-2008, 05:15 AM
The Undefeated

Hi Supermax,

sorry I think i explained it the wrong way. I am always looking for suggestions, and I also will listen to them as much as possible. What I meant was things like "I want this green", and "can I have a version where this and that is...". I cannot create an extra version for everyone, but until release I am always interested in opinions and suggestions. I just cannot treat anyone special.

I will have a closer look on that logo-thingy. Maybe you're right, I'll try it with the next update! Thank you so far.

By the way, I am looking forward to your Interface! There're not many interfaces around, especially new ones, and also not many "MoM-ready" interfaces. Most people haven't updated there interfaces for a long time. :|

Anyway, thanks again!

Genesis
Unread 12-21-2008, 10:47 AM
The Undying

Thumbs up Nice!

Nice!
Another quality UI,looks good very cool looking props to you.

Another note:
I have to agree with Supermax about the logo on the toolbar.
Some people wont like it and will most likely request another version with no logo.

Perhaps make one with out logo as an optional toolbar for people to use, this my opinion.

But this your UI and can make what ever you want.
Still its cool looking UI and it does feel like a M.o.M theme which you are
targeting at also has that dwarf feeling to it well since it is for M.o.M theme.

Good job!
Unread 12-22-2008, 12:42 PM
The Undying

Looking good!
Unread 12-23-2008, 08:13 AM
The Wary

Post I like it!

The previews look very nice indeed!

A small suggestion is to make the UI sligtly darker perhaps?
Same colours just a little less bright...