lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > LotRO Wish List (L)

Unread 03-28-2008, 08:13 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It's not a damage meter.. but a damage analyser
Looks pretty neat Sorane
Unread 03-28-2008, 08:18 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorane
or (IMHO best)

- integrating of the functionality of lotrometer into the game (as I said before
I would be willing to give my source code to Turbine). I am of course aware
that probably other new features are more important than damagemeters.
I do not think that they will implement this into the game, as it will more or less turn it into an athletic sport, imo, and takes the fun away and once it's part of the game, people will probably adjust their gaming style to the damage analysis. It's part of the game to figure some things out If they want us to become drilled "mob sweepers" they could just give us all the exact mob details straight away
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:06 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Mouse
I do not think that they will implement this into the game, as it will more or less turn it into an athletic sport, imo, and takes the fun away and once it's part of the game, people will probably adjust their gaming style to the damage analysis. It's part of the game to figure some things out If they want us to become drilled "mob sweepers" they could just give us all the exact mob details straight away
Well, when I was talking to someone from the "powers that be" (Well, not directly to turbine, but to someone from codemasters who talked to someone from turbine) it sounded that if there would be more development time available they would consider it. Also please note, that the data lotrometer provides
goes *ways* ahead of just "who throws out the most damage".

About the source-code: As I still hope for future LOTRO-integration I guess it might be a bad idea to opensource it. They might not like to integrate something which is open source-code.

What for now I would still hope is that they finally add some feature that you can get the data from other groupmembers into the combat log...

And they DO give the mob details away in some way... lotrometer can exactly calculate which attacks of a mob do what amount of dps and what percentage of the mobs damage goes into which attacks and stuff ;-)

Sorane

Last edited by Sorane : 03-28-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Unread 01-31-2009, 06:19 AM
The Undefeated

Has there been any word back on if they are working on this? It would be really nice if they could implement a Damage/healing meter, and even a threat meter, that exchanges information with all grouped/raided players.

Just my thoughts on this.
Unread 02-03-2009, 09:47 AM
The Wary

Unable to download from File-Upload .eu

Sorane, I would very much like to download and try your damage meter. Unfortunately, every link you supply leads to a page inviting me to upload a file to a site called File-Upload.eu, but there is nothing to indicate how I would go about downloading anything. Could you possibly clarify? Thanks.