lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Unread 12-12-2011, 09:02 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Official Lotro plugin manager

included in Update 5, 12/12/2012

Lua Plugin Manager
  • At long last, a manager UI has been added to support all of your Lua plugins!
  • During character selection, you can open the manager via the “Manage Plugins” button. There you can define which plugins you would like to load automatically each time you log in with the characters selected via a drop-down menu present for each plugin entry. Please note: the character selection list includes both normal characters and monster play characters linked to your account on the given server.
  • You can also access the manager when in game (logged in) via a start menu entry under the system sub-menu for both normal characters and monster play characters. Here, you will not only be able to change the auto-loading status of your plugins, but you can also immediately load/unload plugins.
  • The in game plugin manager also introduces support for plugin-defined option panels that can be accessed by hitting the “Options” tab when a plugin is selected. What these options do for a given plugin is completely defined by the plugin authors. If a given plugin has not defined an options panel, then the tab will be disabled.
http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Update_5,_Armies_of_Isengard,_Official

Last edited by daimon : 12-12-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Unread 12-12-2011, 11:04 AM
The Undying

just saw this in the update notes.

must say i am excited, surprised and impressed.

Unread 12-12-2011, 12:13 PM
The Undying

And it's working like a charm
Unread 12-12-2011, 12:24 PM
The Undying

Unfortunatly it does not

I use Bevy to have simple bars hiding out of combat and showing in combat.

The new manager load Bevy and the configuration but empty everything.

I tried all i can, but the bars remains empty after each log off.

I took the time to make a new configuration that was wiped too by the new manager.

it does not keep at least for Bevy the setup of the bars (i mean what you put in slots)
Unread 12-12-2011, 12:45 PM
The Undying

Yes, same thing seems to happen with Baruk bars
Unread 12-12-2011, 12:54 PM
The Undying

This might not be loader related bug, it might be a wider problem. Anyone who has tried the game with the old method and does their quickslot plugins bug too ?

Baruk seems to loose at least items that are in quickslots. However porting skills and mounts are working as intended
Unread 12-12-2011, 01:11 PM
The Undying

Seems items from your bag that are in quickslots disappear when loading using the LOTRO Plugin Manager, but if you load the plugin manually after you log in, then the items will remain in place. Skills don't seem to suffer from this problem. I believe this is probably due to the invalid shortcut error you get when you try and set a quickslot to a inventory item that no longer is in your inventory. When you initially run out of the item the quickslot turns grey like normal quickslots do, but if you unload and then reload the plugin without getting any more of that item, then instead of it coming back in grey, it just gets removed from the quickslot.

Also, the Travel plugin by D.H1cks doesn't seem to load when using the LOTRO Plugin Manager, I get some "Rings Online\Plugins\Turbine\UI\Lotro\Quickslot.lua:11: Invalid shortcut for quickslot specified." error. All the other plugins I use so far seem to be working ok.

If I load Bootstrap using the LOTRO Plugin Manager to have Bootstrap load everything else I get the same errors, but if I load Bootstrap after I'm logged in it works just like it did before Update 5.
Unread 12-12-2011, 01:13 PM
The Undying

My PagedSlots plugin 'appears' to have kept its items, but its been so long since I logged in a toon that used it I don't know if anything dropped.

But I do have some food items that stayed.

As for the Travel Window, that should be fixed with the 9.3 version. Please let me know if it is not.

Edit: Hmmm, seems paged slots is having some other issues though.....

Edit 2: Travel Window still fails when logging in, but works when loaded manually. But, it only appears to be failing on the character that has the Glan Vraig Map. It could be related.

Last edited by D.H1cks : 12-12-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Edit
Unread 12-12-2011, 01:38 PM
The Undying

In fact the first time you load with Lotro manager everything is fine.

Then if you start using the plugins, or log off to alt and come back everything is bugged.

/me very happy i made a save of my complete folder before the patch.
I am simply not using it until Turbine works.

Bootstrap for the win
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:02 PM
The Undying

Whether there are other problems with the loading of plugins beyond the problems seen from BevyBars, Baruk, TonicBars, etc, I don't know since I haven't tested it that much, but I'm pretty sure the problem with the bars plugins (and Travel when the Glan Vraig map is used) is that the plugins are loaded before the actual backpack is accessible (or loaded). You can test this by with this code:

Code:
import "Turbine";

player = Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlayer.GetInstance();
backpack = player:GetBackpack();
backpack.ItemAdded = function(sender, args)
	Turbine.Shell.WriteLine("Item added to Backpack.");
end
You will see when you finish logging in that there's a bunch of "Item added to Backpack" in your Standard chat channel, showing that the items are added after the plugin is loaded. Whenever a plugin attempts to create a Shortcut using the Data and Type fields from an item that is no longer in your backpack, an error is thrown. There seem to be a few very rare exceptions to this though, the one I know of is store bought Champion Fervour potions that I used up but still show up (greyed out though like it should) in BevyBars. Health potions, food, battle/warding scrolls, etc will all be removed from your bars if you run out of them and unload/reload your plugin, which can be a pain since you then need to set up those bars again. I know BevyBars uses the PCall function to check whether the QuickSlot:SetShortcut() method will throw an error. Then when the plugin saves it saves those slots as clear.

The best way I can see around this problem is that when a quickslot's shortcut returns an error, the quickslot is flagged, possibly changing the way the quickslot looks to the user (that way they know something should go there but they are currently out of it). Then when whenever a ItemAdded event is fired, go through all the quickslots that are flagged and see if any are updated. That way when loading through the LOTRO Plugin Manager, the quickslots will initially be empty but as the backpack is loaded in the slots should be fixed. This would also have the added benefit that whenever you run out of health pots you don't have to worry about getting more before you reload the plugin.