lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 06-07-2011, 08:58 AM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Possible? Colour Gradient?

About a few Weeks i use Addons like Buffbars. But what i don't like is the One Colour Mode for the Effects shown. Can't it be made like same Addons on WOW with Colour Gradients so they look better?
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:26 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethadan
About a few Weeks i use Addons like Buffbars. But what i don't like is the One Colour Mode for the Effects shown. Can't it be made like same Addons on WOW with Colour Gradients so they look better?
Theoretically possible, yes.
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:28 AM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethadan
Technically, yes - it's possible to do gradients, but it's basically a pain, requiring an image in the shape of whatever gradient you want to use. See, Lua scripting in LotRO has no bitmap or pixel based classes or methods, requiring the author to fake it in the following way:

1) create a window/control with the background color set as the 2nd color
2) place a window on top of it with a background image with an alpha channel that will simulate the gradient
3) create a third window with the background color set as the 1st color, and set the blend mode so the image acts as its transparency.

Final result is a gradient that blends from the first to the second color. Like I said, possible - but really a pain, and nowhere near efficient.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 06-08-2011, 12:20 PM
The Undefeated

Thx for the Info. So Turbine have to do more to make this possible
Unread 06-09-2011, 07:04 AM
The Wary

Option 'the other'

The alternative is to use a number of aligned controls with graded colouring, your biggest issue is programming them to act like a single bar.