lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > LotRO Wish List (L)

Unread 11-23-2007, 09:58 AM
The Undying

Talking about Buff/Debuff display

Hi!

Some ideas:

- Make it possible to have a "Bigger" version of the buffs/debuffs besides the Minimap (like in WoW)
- To avoid the interface being overwhelmed by tons of debuffs there, make it possible that only *deadly* debuffs (like Udunion debuff) will be displayed
in this area. Other debuffs would get categorized and would see only one
image per category (for example "wound debuff") and a number telling how many. Deadly debuffs would be their own category.
- With Buffs make it possible to have a list of all buff-types and to select which are visible on the seperate list and which not.
- In the Raid UI, as to buffs/debuffs visible there make options like
"only show curable debuffs" (debuffs where I have the potions to cure
them in my inventory), "only show buffs caused by my class", "only show buffs", "only show debuffs". For mobs "only show debuffs caused by my class" and "only show deadly buffs" might be interesting. Actually a
"only show deadly debuffs" option would be interesting for your own debuffs.

Sorane
Unread 11-24-2007, 11:59 PM
The Unscathed
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sorry, but the UI customization is limited to skinning. We can't create new UI elements, much less ones with scripting to filter debuffs by a subjective criteria.

If you can't see the debuffs well enough, the only current solution is to move or resize your Vitals element so you can see it better.
Unread 11-25-2007, 09:06 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Sorry, but the UI customization is limited to skinning. We can't create new UI elements, much less ones with scripting to filter debuffs by a subjective criteria.

If you can't see the debuffs well enough, the only current solution is to move or resize your Vitals element so you can see it better.
I am aware of this. These were suggestions headed towards *Turbine* not towards you guys.

Sorane
Unread 11-26-2007, 05:51 PM
The Unscathed

Sorry, I didn't see the forum this was in, it was on the recent threads list.

How would they have the time to keep up with suggestions on fan sites, when the majority of their own suggestion forum goes unread?

Last edited by Thanatos : 11-26-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Unread 11-26-2007, 06:53 PM
The Undying

Quote:

How would they have the time to keep up with suggestions on fan sites, when the majority of their own suggestion forum goes unread?
This is true. I never see dev responses in the suggestions section of their forums, and I mean NEVER. I check the forums every day and read the dev tracker.
Unread 11-26-2007, 07:31 PM
The Unscathed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleitanious
This is true. I never see dev responses in the suggestions section of their forums, and I mean NEVER. I check the forums every day and read the dev tracker.
The cynic in me says the suggestions forum is just there to filter them out of the general board, so they can be conveniently ignored. Still, I try not to let that be my only internal voice, so I've still posted ideas and responded to threads there. Tinkering with the game itself is part of the fun, for me.
Unread 11-27-2007, 03:40 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

Frosty DOES visit here and he DOES respond to many of our threads, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is in fact more constructive to post suggestions here!

At least Frosty loves us...
Unread 11-29-2007, 03:17 AM
The Undying

Quote:

Well, I cannot post on the suggestion forum, as due to being a EU customer I cannot write on the US Forum. And the EU board is as it seems not directly read by devs (they get some stuff forwarded by codemasters, but still not much reaction to posts on the EU Forum ever, while on the US Forum a lot of dev
reaction is seen).

Actually, related, I would really like it if someone could post on the US Forum
about my damage meter/combat log analyzer project. I will set up a webpage
for the project soon and post here about it.

Also if any dev could answer when /damagetext will be fixed this would be great! If I could use this command to set up the combat log to report other people's activities, this would make my log analyzer much more powerful. But right now it seems the /damagetext command just gives some error message It has been asked by someone else on the User Interface Board on the US Forum a long time ago, but no official answer yet

Sorane
Unread 10-05-2009, 09:53 AM
The Undying

I would like to restrict the area where de/+buffs appear. Currently you can edit the location (X,Y) of the de/+buffs inside the vital panel by these two lines:
ID="PlayerEffectDisplay"
ID="OpponentEffectDisplay"

but changing the height and width values of those ID's doesn't affect the interface in any way.

The reason I would want this to be enabled is that currently I am forced to relocate the buffs over the vital panels (due the layer problem) but when there's a lot of buffs rolling - and in some boss fights you might encounter even 4 rows of buffs - my vitals get hidden beneath all those those damn icons.

You really don't need to see that many de/buffs in the first place so it would be great if I could restrict the buffs only for couple of rows (aka height=32 or something would do).
Unread 10-08-2009, 01:56 AM
The Undefeated

Perhaps having the ability to specify whether the de/buffs appear above or below the vitals would be a good suggestion.

This would allow players to move their vitals to the very bottom of their UI and have the de/buffs build up, instead of the current down.

I was tampering with this, but realized they would just run over the vitals if too many were on the target. None of us that love tinkering with our UIs wants to see something that bad...