lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Unread 12-22-2007, 11:02 PM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Talking Hello!

Hello all! I am a Video Game Artist from Scotland, working in Salt Lake City.
Since I deal with graphics all day at work, I rarely have the desire to come home and do the same, but sometimes I dabble.

Like now, I couldn't find a minimap I liked, so I just knocked one up. I've posted a thread on general about it to see if anyone wants it.

I'm also modding the buttons from Grey UI, not a fan of the borders on such tiny icons.

Ok, back to the modding
Unread 12-23-2007, 01:22 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Hi Neurotic and BaaIZebub.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:26 AM
The Undying

I'll just say "hi" as a "fresh author" too

I've read about LOTRO in 2004, but well it was just a few teasing pictures back then. In January 2007 I was offered a small peek into closed beta by a fellow guild/community member and since then I was sold. I've played WoW for 2 months, so was familiar with the MMORPG genre, but found this so much more immersive. Got myself an account too and grabbed the opportunity to test all classes to about lvl 12 and monsterplay. Didn't want to play much more/further, not to spoil any more at launch in 28 April 2007. Got myself pre-order and Collector's Edition and still a happy gamer on the Laurelin server (not so much an RPer, but like it occasionally)!

Being a graphics person I've always been intrigued by "skinning", as it would give a simple solution to change a complicated piece of software to your own liking. I've skinned ICQ and WinAMP very simply back in 2000-2001. Didn't dig into WinAMP or even Windows Media Player a lot, as it would need a lot of study into codes too, and I'm no programmer.

Recently I took the opportunity to make one I felt I was missing on LOTROinterface.com, and so made a Hobbit UI where I could go full throttle on flower, leaves and wood When I finalized it, I'll maybe make more
Unread 05-06-2008, 10:16 PM
The Wary

Hi there

Hello all, not a modder myself but just to say I enjoy and appreciate the work you guys put in to make those little details extra special for all of us to enjoy.

Keep up the good work.
Unread 07-08-2008, 03:31 PM
The Wary

Talking Greatings from zanntis

Hi everyone.

I have used Mods with EQ2 the eq2map and a crafting UI mod. LotRol interface mods are new.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I am looking for map mods, compass mods or anything to help my poor dyslexic brain stop getting turned around and lost.

I learned the in game /alias ;myloc /tell CHARACTER NAME ;loc then ;myloc to get my longitude and latitude 28.5s, 63.3w for instance. I see at Allakhazam good maps with lost of information.

Is there a Mod that I can use to get a map point in game, a very basic dot to help me find my way?

So far that is the only in game UI function that is bugging me. If you have any other recommendations to enhance my gaming experience I am interested.

I thank you in advance for your help and wisdom.
Unread 07-08-2008, 04:15 PM
The Unscathed

LOTRO does not allow mods. We're only able to reskin the UI.
Unread 07-09-2008, 02:49 PM
The Wary

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylen
LOTRO does not allow mods. We're only able to reskin the UI.
Oh thank you. I thought anything that changed the original game was a modification, I did not know there was a difference. I'll go read some more.
Unread 06-07-2009, 10:48 AM
The Wary

Hello

I just wanted to say hello. I am new to this site, and have already begun to use several of the great skins that I found. I have also got the bug to try and do a little sesigning myself. I think I will most likely start by playing around altering others, untill I get the feel of this. To be honest the last programing type stuff I did was when Basic was THE thing. That was back when the Commadore 16 was the newest and greatest computer to hit the shelves. And the Internet wasn't even there. So I may have alot of questions. But I hope to get a little fun out of this all the same.

And see...I started right off putting this in the wrong thread....see what I have to deal with..... :0

Last edited by Ollok : 06-07-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Unread 06-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Welcome to the site Ollok.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 06-08-2009, 12:20 AM
The Undying

Welcome Ollok.

Yeah that's how I learned and started when I was messing around Ledmirage and Dewee UI's about 2 years ago.

After I grasp the concept what makes the UI work then I started my first UI and released it nervously.

But don't let that stop you , and once again welcome to the site.