lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 08-14-2008, 08:53 PM
The Wary

Monster Play Vitals: Player = Signature?

Hey, I've been away from LOTRO for a while and recently came back. I downloaded ArenUI 3.2 today and, inspired by the recent Champ plug-in, made some simple changes to the Freep vital frames in GIMP in order to aid my playstyle (I play a reaver).

Then I booted up the game and noticed that it's trying to use creep_1.tga as my monster's vitals. The problem, though, is that it shows up "backwards" relative to my vitals, so I have a big tan circle sticking out of the middle of my health/power. Then I tried to fix this by doing a horizontal flip in GIMP, and while this fixes the problem, it causes most Creep NPCs to have the same problem.

Finally, I had a little look through the skin definition file, but nothing I did changed my player vitals to a new .tga file I created (which is a horizontally mirrored creep_1).

Since I can't seem to figure it out, I was wondering if anyone here could help me. Is there a simple way to make my monster player's vitals his own vitals and signature creep vitals their own, or are we doomed to have to use the same file?

EDIT: Never mind, I think I fixed it somehow. Just for reference (in case someone else encounters this problem down the road), I edited the skin definition file lines regarding signature vitals in mp and player vitals in mp, but only one at a time (reverted the other back to its original form), so just play around with those and one of them should work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sig_and_mplayer_vitals.jpg
Views:	1657
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	119  

Last edited by Crunchtag : 08-14-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: fixed
Unread 07-12-2012, 10:58 AM
The Indomitable

This helped me. Thank you. FYI it's the opponent_vitals_signature_mp asset that controls your player vitals when you play a creep. I did some testing and it doesn't seem to interfere with any of the opponent vitals i.e. it's just a bad naming of what should be player_vitals_mp (which as far as I can tell, isn't used at all).
Unread 07-13-2012, 07:45 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

There are several portraits for the creep player, depending its rank.

If I remember right, it is :

opponent_vitals_backdrop_signature_mp.tga

opponent_vitals_backdrop_elite_mp.tga

In addition, there are the 5 different anniversary portraits.

I have reworked the portraits in JRR skins and its addons to support the monster play, so you can find in it some examples or replacement pictures.
Adra/Adragor/Osred from Sirannon.
Derelos/Prurit/Karnaj from Evernight.

Last edited by Adra : 07-13-2012 at 08:08 PM.