lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 04-01-2009, 04:13 AM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Question UI not loading correctly

I recently downloaded and installed the Spirit of Elfwood UI, and it has a nice mod to the progress bars, which is one of the reasons I like the UI. But, there is a problem: they won't load! I didn't notice this right away, but the progress bars are defaulting to the original files, and I'm not sure why. I've checked the skin definition file, they are listed, so I'm not sure what's going on; anyone else having this problem? Do I have to play with the files because of some obscure tweek from MoM?

Please help!
Unread 04-01-2009, 05:39 AM
The Undying

well.. Spirit of Elfwood was last updated in year 2007. It's more than likely that something is amiss there. At one point Turbine removed the casting bar skinning but it has been enabled once again, the problem is that the files have been probably renamed too.

Here are the current ArtAssets for the castbar:
Code:
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_background_accomplishment" FileName="progress_overlay_background_accomplishment.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_background_center" FileName="progress_overlay_background_center.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_background_center_mounted" FileName="progress_overlay_background_center_mounted.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_background_center_music" FileName="progress_overlay_background_center_music.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_background_left" FileName="progress_overlay_background_left.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_background_left_mounted" FileName="progress_overlay_background_left_mounted.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_background_left_music" FileName="progress_overlay_background_left_music.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_background_right" FileName="progress_overlay_background_right.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_background_right_mounted" FileName="progress_overlay_background_right_mounted.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_background_right_music" FileName="progress_overlay_background_right_music.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_center" FileName="progress_overlay_center.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_center_mounted" FileName="progress_overlay_center_mounted.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_center_music" FileName="progress_overlay_center_music.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_left" FileName="progress_overlay_left.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_left_mounted" FileName="progress_overlay_left_mounted.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_left_music" FileName="progress_overlay_left_music.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_right" FileName="progress_overlay_right.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_right_mounted" FileName="progress_overlay_right_mounted.tga"></Mapping>
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="progress_overlay_right_music" FileName="progress_overlay_right_music.tga"></Mapping>
Unread 04-01-2009, 05:41 AM
The Undying

oh someone has picked up this project at http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...emodified.html .. better ask them to fix this if it hasnt been already
Unread 04-01-2009, 06:31 AM
The Undefeated

Thanks Daimon, I believe your ArtAssets list explains the whole problem: mine only has the one entry for it. I will check what the xml for the updated version has. It as least answered what would happen if I didn't have an element in a custom skin heh.

Are all the files the same skin, or different sizes and stuff? Should I be able to just copy and add them to the xml?

Last edited by Kiryan : 04-01-2009 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Forgot the last part heh
Unread 04-01-2009, 11:18 AM
The Undying

I think the castbar element only had one skinfile at that time. now it's divided in three parts (left, right and center piece) so you need to cut it a bit
Unread 04-01-2009, 08:53 PM
The Undefeated

Yeah looks like I'll have to try that. I played around a bit after my last post, and resized what I had to the accomplishment size, and it is now showing the custom bar for the deed book; but is still not for any of the other bars, like Rep trackers. I'll have to try and see about the others, but from what I see they are just black *shrugs* Got time right now, since the servers are down heh.

Thanks again Daimon