lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > LotRO Wish List (L)

Unread 09-29-2010, 02:43 PM
The Wary

Lightbulb Threat Meter

what i really would want is a Threat Meter, to see who has the most aggro during fights, that would be very useful to a Minstrel and DPS', so they know when they have to be less aggresive.
Unread 09-29-2010, 02:49 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

remember to be civilized with this topic then

These kind of plugins won't be possible to do as they would give advantage over other players and would make the content design in some cases trivial. So I'm afraid you have to wait for a long time to see something like this in Lotro ..
Unread 09-29-2010, 02:57 PM
The Wary

ohh okay would be very nice though
Unread 09-29-2010, 03:58 PM
The Undying

To me, what separates the good vs bad when it comes to dps classes is the ability to self manage your threat while maintaining your damage. With threat meters you stop using your brain and start using your meters/eyes. IMHO this would take all the fun out of playing a dps class.
Unread 09-29-2010, 04:17 PM
The Wary

i see where you are going, but if it takes the fun away, then why dont make it? you dont have to use it, if you dont want to? Turbine can annonce it on loading screen and all players would be able to download it if they want to
Unread 09-29-2010, 04:27 PM
The Indomitable

Because those who do use it will cruise through content. What was once a challenge will then be a simple "watch the meter" exercise. Once content is so easily completed, the difficulties will naturally be increased. At that point, those who don't use the meter won't be able to compete. So it'll be either go with the meter or go home.

It's a vicious circle, and it doesn't improve the game.

And I won't believe that the difficulty won't be increased. Already there's calls of "easy mode" and complaints that things are too easy already. Also, I won't accept that the meter wouldn't simplify content. If it didn't make things easier, people wouldn't be asking for it.

It's akin to asking for a button that kills every mob in a 100 meter radius. Sure it'd be cool - but don't you think if we had something like that they'd plan for it when designing content? And once they began factoring that it, don't you think someone without that button would have significantly more problems?

rushl

Last edited by rushl : 09-29-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Unread 09-29-2010, 04:30 PM
The Wary

i get it now no button, it was worth a try
Unread 09-29-2010, 04:33 PM
The Undying

Because those that refuse to use it, will still have a disadvantage over those that can easily manage their aggro. Besides making data such as that visible to players that otherwise wouldn't is turning the game into another Spread Sheet Online.
Unread 09-29-2010, 05:02 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushl
Because those who do use it will cruise through content. What was once a challenge will then be a simple "watch the meter" exercise. Once content is so easily completed, the difficulties will naturally be increased. At that point, those who don't use the meter won't be able to compete. So it'll be either go with the meter or go home.

And I won't believe that the difficulty won't be increased. Already there's calls of "easy mode" and complaints that things are too easy already. Also, I won't accept that the meter wouldn't simply content. If it didn't make things easier, people wouldn't be asking for it.

It's akin to asking for a button that kills every mob in a 100 meter radius. Sure it'd be cool - but don't you think if we had something like that they'd plan for it when designing content? And once they began factoring that it, don't you think someone without that button would have significantly more problems?

rushl
My thoughts exactly.
Unread 09-29-2010, 07:23 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushl

And I won't believe that the difficulty won't be increased. Already there's calls of "easy mode" and complaints that things are too easy already. Also, I won't accept that the meter wouldn't simply content. If it didn't make things easier, people wouldn't be asking for it.

rushl
Perfectly stated. It was one of the things that drove me away from WoW. It no longer became a game of skill, it became a "check the block" type game. You stopped asking people if they could beat content and started asking if the had done it yet. It ceases to be challenging and becomes more of a interactive movie. Having enough time was the deciding factor for beating content, not skill.