lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 12-07-2021, 02:50 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Known bugs with opacity 0?

Hey, are there any known bugs coming from making a window invisible by setting opacity to zero rather than hiding it? A user of Travel Window reports a window element no longer reacting to mouse over at times; they have opacity set to zero for that element when not mousing over. The plugin is not crashing; for example the chat commands still work. So either this one element fails or it no longer is sent mouse over events. That would mean there are some conditions where the registration for events to be handled stops working.
Unread 12-07-2021, 10:30 PM
The Undying

Not that I know of. Are you sure there isn't another window in front of it?
Unread 12-08-2021, 06:58 AM
The Undying

The situations where it happens seem to be that the mouseover change of opacity will work, then after exiting an instance the window will stop reacting to mouseover. But I have not yet reproduced it myself.

I might just add special handling of opacity 0 by using the visibility toggle instead and see if that helps, but if windows can somehow unsubscribe from mouseover events unintentionally that would be hard to address.