I'm working on a music addon since the ABC playing interface is pretty minimal. It's a separate executable, which is a Bad Thing(TM) but I can't find a better solution given LOTRO's limited extensibility. No one should ever
run an add-on executable until after their password has been entered and they are in the game.
At the moment, it
- Lists ABC files in the music directory
- Allows editing the files for quick edit/play/edit turnaround when tweaking or writing ABCs
- Sends "/music" to LOTRO
- Sends the "/play filename" command to LOTRO
- Has menus of some common emotes used when hanging out and socializing and sends those to LOTRO
- Has a quick reference of LOTRO's ABC support
I'm at the point where it all basically works but isn't quite wrapped up. It needs the help file (partially done) and About box, a couple of "fit and finish" cleanups, and user feedback.
If you're willing to give it a try and provide feedback/bugs, you can get the program and the source code from
While GoogleCode provides links to my True Name and my Google email, I'd prefer to organize any contact about the program by sending to Carborunda.Riverside(AT)pobox.com or to Carborunda on Brandywine. You can also PM me here.