I wanted to remind everyone about the Author Portals that are available on our site. Interface Authors that have interfaces available for download in our database will be given access to create their own portal (your_username.lotrointerface. com) so that their users can receive even more information about their interfaces. The portal includes bug tracking, feature tracking, news, custom pages, custom menu links all with rss feeds and a few other things. Basically it's your own little mini-site on the LotROInterface site, without any of the hassle of purchasing your own domain, finding a host and setting everything up from scratch, etc. You have enough to do just with your Lua scripting and XML skinning, you don't need the additional hassle (or cost!). A great example of an author who took full advantage of our portal system over on WoWInterface can be seen here
. Notice that the link is mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com? Makes it very very easy for you to remember the link for your portal, to give to users, and for them to be able to search on your name and find your portal.
- Authors get an easy to link to sub-domain: < registered author name >.lotrointerface.com (authors with a space in your name will need to use two dashes -- in place of the space. example: jonny five would be jonny--five.lotrointerface.com)
- Interface Bug tracking system
- Bug RSS feeds
- Interface Feature request system
- Feature RSS feeds
- Interface F.A.Q system
- Custom content pages
- News system with archive
- News RSS feeds
- Author Portal Owner area where you can configure many options
- Latest interfaces shown on front page
- Authors stats shown on the front page
- Author can add links to the menu block
Also, I wanted to officially welcome and thank Daimon, who has jumped onboard as a Moderator on the site. Look for him to be around to help answer your questions, approve your uploads and generally help keep the site running smoothly. Thanks Daimon!