lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Unread 02-28-2014, 07:10 AM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garan
OK. What is happening is that Turbine has enforced an additional restriction so that Lua can only be aware of what the client would natively be able to display. The Actor.TargetChanged event and Actor:GetTarget() method are only valid if the Actor is either the local player, the target of the local player or a party member that is also a raid target assist.

So, you can see a party member's target and get target changed events if the party member is also a raid target assist since the built-in raid assist window would also display that information but you can not see a non-target assist target unless you are currently targeting the player thus enforcing the same restrictions that the native displays enforce.

FWIW, I don't particularly like this restriction, but now that I see the conditions I can see why Turbine implemented it this way to restrict Lua to only the information that would be available to a player using the built-in interface.
Yeah, exactly.
But for raid leader - built in is not enough to monitor your raid.
That is why I wanted to make this plugin.

For RL (raid leader) is important that all members were focused on one target with him - built in solution - is to add EVERY member to target assist to keep track of that - which is really uncomfortable for your members, because raid assist window will cover all the screen (just imagine if you got 24 of them).
On the other hand you can ask ur members to hide this window, but then they will not see who you are targeting, which is not comfortable as well.

So I thought i can do that via plugin. But turbine doesnt allow that.
Sad =\