lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > LotRO Wish List (L)

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:26 PM
The Wary

Question Own Guide/Notes Built-in!

Ive been looking for this for faar too long and it bugs me to hell that there is no way to do this!
I want to be able to set markers on the map (a map) and set a note say for an example "iron ore" for a iron where i know spawns often.
OR connect say that mark on the map to a window where i have typed my manually that there is a iron ore there and connected the marker as a link.
Or say quest 1 tells me to kill 50 birds and by have been looking around many times for them i found alot of them at 4.9s 50w i set a marker so next time i level new character i just check quest one say i should go to 4,9 50w and i just head there.

Gotten sick and tierd tabbing out to check my guide and tab back and check map and tab out tab back etc.

Would be really helpful if anyone could make this simple yet not so simple in code to make just a window to type freely anything and in someway be able to link those marks into it.

Sry for my bad english but i hope it is clear what i mean!?
thanks in advance!
Unread 02-03-2011, 01:17 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm afraid that this is only a matter for the developers. Though I'm no programmer myself, I do think that this is not possible with the current API. Yes it would be handy if one could put down notes of some sort on the map to mark locations for whatever purpose.
Unread 02-03-2011, 05:09 PM
The Wary

Would even be nice with only a window box ingame where you could type in any text too
Unread 02-03-2011, 07:05 PM
The Undying

SimplyNotes does that. It is just a Notepad inside the game. Check the "Other" category in Downloads.
Unread 03-18-2011, 11:21 AM
The Undying

This is certainly doable. And actually, the map portion already exists. It just hasn't been published yet (but will be soon!).

MoorMap 1.02 will expand on the version 1.01 annotatable Ettenmoors map by adding all of the parchment maps (without default annotations initially, just getting the fundamental mechanics working was a big enough job). It should be available early next week - just after Update 2 releases (it works on Bullroarer but I'm going to wait to test it on live just in case Turbine tosses in a curve ball).
Unread 03-18-2011, 07:16 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garan
This is certainly doable. And actually, the map portion already exists. It just hasn't been published yet (but will be soon!).

MoorMap 1.02 will expand on the version 1.01 annotatable Ettenmoors map by adding all of the parchment maps (without default annotations initially, just getting the fundamental mechanics working was a big enough job). It should be available early next week - just after Update 2 releases (it works on Bullroarer but I'm going to wait to test it on live just in case Turbine tosses in a curve ball).
Nice to hear

This is something the community has a great need for, and shouldn't have to wait around until I can get around to working on LotROMaps again.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros