lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 06-29-2007, 06:38 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Suggestion: Attack-Indikator as overlay in the portrait

Hi,

I dislike the Auto Attack-Indikator very much since this element destroys my letterbox-arrangement. Unfortunately this indikator is useful for me, when I'm playing in first person (which happened most the time). But I've noticed, that the indikator has nearly the same size as the portrait and since we are able to replace UI-elements I'd like to see just this pulsing circle (on the atack-indikator during combat) as an overlay on tthe protrait during combat. I hope, that someone can play around with this element and find a good solution since I don't have the time to play around with UI on my own.

Thanks
Unread 06-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Ther eis a way to do it, but it requires at this time a very large letterbox image, most of it being transparent.

I had a similar idea and will release a bit for people to try...
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:22 PM
The Undying

You know how big your panel is going to be in order to mount it up there? lol Minimum, I'm betting, of 5mb image.

Edit: Hmmm... On second thought, you can make your panel the size of your display rez, then just mount your back panel image in the small area it resides in at the bottom of your screen...you're going to have big numbers for all your element placements, but it might work. At least, I don't believe your base panel background image has to be the same size as your panel element... It could, in the long run, make all your element placements easier, working off your main panel element starting at 0,0 and using your display dimensions for the placement of everything...

Last edited by Khanon : 06-29-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:29 PM
The Undying

So you can't place certain elements everywhere you like? Elements like teh attack-inidkator (the pulsin circle) can usually only be placed somewhere in the letterbox-area?
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:33 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimholm
So you can't place certain elements everywhere you like? Elements like teh attack-inidkator (the pulsin circle) can usually only be placed somewhere in the letterbox-area?
Correct. The main bar elements all have to be within the panel object, as they are likely defined as elements of the panel object in the client.

Still, as I said, you likely won't have to have a back panel image of immense proportions; just the base panel object will probably have to be the size of the display resolution.
Unread 06-29-2007, 09:34 PM
The Undying

you could always shrink the toolbar down to where the Attack Indicator and Pip display was all that was showing(90x105) roughly..youd lose the bag/menu buttons, the exp bar and 1 hotkey bar, but you could possible do it.

Ive been playing around with moving all that stuff to the top
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.JPG
Views:	1020
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	59  

Last edited by Brode : 06-29-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Unread 06-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Exactly; Whos to say we cant have the elements all at the top; the only downside is the first set of quickslots.

If you didnt use them, everything else could be at the top and look good.

Maybe (Frosty?!!!) an option for not using that default 1st quickslot/shutting it off.

Hmmmm
Unread 06-29-2007, 10:47 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientWolf
Exactly; Whos to say we cant have the elements all at the top; the only downside is the first set of quickslots.

If you didnt use them, everything else could be at the top and look good.

Maybe (Frosty?!!!) an option for not using that default 1st quickslot/shutting it off.

Hmmmm
Technically, you don't have to... You can always remap the hotkeys to another bar and locate it to some place unobtrusive for when you have bags open. Best scenario, barring releasing bar 1 altogether as just another movable hotbar would be to release the ArtAsset so it could be skinned with a 1x1 transparent image.

Yes...48 hours almost straight of digging through the ui code has me learning a lot. lol
Unread 06-29-2007, 11:43 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanon
Technically, you don't have to... You can always remap the hotkeys to another bar and locate it to some place unobtrusive for when you have bags open. Best scenario, barring releasing bar 1 altogether as just another movable hotbar would be to release the ArtAsset so it could be skinned with a 1x1 transparent image.

Yes...48 hours almost straight of digging through the ui code has me learning a lot. lol
you could also just shrink that default hotbar width=1 height=1
..i wish the toolbar could be made so you could move it in layout mode (ctrl\)

/sigh
Unread 06-30-2007, 01:10 AM
The Undying

Ahh yes. lol There is that, too. Actually, even better. You just lose one hotbar.