lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Unread 09-14-2022, 04:02 AM
The Wary

Riding Skill

I wanted to ask if someone could put a plugin where you can ride. So without having to buy the skill in the shop. That you just install the plugin and then you can ride any mount. I always find that stupid. You buy the skill but can only equip one character with it. When you make a new character he can't ride because you have to buy the riding skill again. That's why I wanted to know if someone could do something like that
Unread 09-14-2022, 05:16 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

That is not possible. Plugins can not give you store content, grant items, or change gameplay. The can only provide better interface.
Unread 09-14-2022, 05:49 AM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Kalex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardragozon
I wanted to ask if someone could put a plugin where you can ride. So without having to buy the skill in the shop. That you just install the plugin and then you can ride any mount. I always find that stupid. You buy the skill but can only equip one character with it. When you make a new character he can't ride because you have to buy the riding skill again. That's why I wanted to know if someone could do something like that
It is only for one character unless you either buy the apprentice or journeyman riding trait from the store or are a VIP and can do the quest at level 20 for the free riding trait. Both of the apprentice and journeyman riding are account-wide and grant the riding skill as well as the mount speed bump.

Last edited by Kalex : 09-15-2022 at 08:08 PM. Reason: typo
Unread 09-14-2022, 07:01 AM
The Undying

also can get starter bundle for 10$ https://www.lotro.com/special-offers
Edit: sorry this one seems to be one char only, but there was starter pack in past that had account wide riding, not sure if it is still obtainable tho.

Last edited by Drono : 09-14-2022 at 07:04 AM.
Unread 09-14-2022, 10:11 AM
The Wary

192 / 5.000
Übersetzungsergebnisse
Does that mean that if I have the riding ability journeyman or apprentice that I can ride with all characters without buying the riding ability in the shop.
If so, where can I get them
Unread 09-14-2022, 12:02 PM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drono
also can get starter bundle for 10$ https://www.lotro.com/special-offers
Edit: sorry this one seems to be one char only, but there was starter pack in past that had account wide riding, not sure if it is still obtainable tho.
You're thinking of the Samwise Gamgee Starter Pack, still available at Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EUHVOW2
Not as cost effective as it used to be because some of what you're paying for is now part of the base free-to-play account. But you do still get riding skill (+62%) and a mount for every character, and +15 inventory bag slots (also account-wide). And of course account status upgraded from FTP to Premium if not already at Premium or VIP since this is a real-money purchase. Still not bad for people who aren't VIP or don't want to wait until Level 20 to use mounts, and who don't want to spend 2995 LOTRO Points in the store for account-wide Journeyman Riding skill.
Unread 09-14-2022, 12:13 PM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardragozon
Does that mean that if I have the riding ability journeyman or apprentice that I can ride with all characters without buying the riding ability in the shop.
If so, where can I get them
You need to get it from somewhere, and if you didn't get it as part of some expansion or other package you purchased with real-world money, you need to buy it with LOTRO Points in the in-game store.

If you go to the in-game store, you will see the following things:
1- 95LP: Riding Skill. The basic riding trait. This is for one character only. All your mounts will be at their base speed (usually +62% but some are slower than that).
2- 1995LP: Apprentice Riding Trait Package. This applies to all the characters on your account, present and future. All your mounts will +68% speed (or faster if that specific mount's base speed is faster than +68%).
3- 2995LP: Journeyman Riding Trait Package. This applies to all the characters on your account, present and future. All your mounts will be +78% speed (or faster if that specific mount's base speed is faster than +78% – I don't think there are any faster than +78% at the time I am writing this).
4- VariousLP: There are a number of different "riding bundles" which include the basic riding trait and a mount. Unless you really, really, REALLY want that specific mount because it's just too pretty, these are generally not the best choice for something on which to spend your LOTRO Points. There are a huge number of different mounts available in the game, most can be obtained with game gold, earning reputation with a faction, or by participating in a seasonal festival event.
Unread 09-28-2022, 12:52 PM
The Wary

At the moment and during the next 34 hours the riding skill account wide is at a discount and cost 500 lotro coins less. The other type of riding skills are at a lower discount too.